• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JFF looks to improve security system in future

JFF looks to improve security system in future
    Kayon Raynor
    Thursday, June 05, 2008

The Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) will seek to improve security at the National Stadium following a breach by a fan at Tuesday's friendly match between Jamaica and St Vincent & the Grenadines.

The overzealous fan, dressed in football gear, invaded the field from the eastern side of the bleachers before running across to the Grand Stand to kneel at the feet of technical director Rene Simoes during the playing of the Jamaica national anthem before the game.

JFF president, Captain Horace Burrell, said while he is not overly disappointed with the current security system, other measures need to be employed to prevent a recurrence.

"In terms of the Independence Park Limited (which operates the Stadium), I have to commend them.I think all the security arrangements are properly in place structurally because no longer will we be going back to that stage where we have the fencing. But what we would need to do is to ensure that security personnel would face the spectators for games in the future," Burrell told the Observer yesterday.

The Reggae Boyz, who open their CONCACAF World Cup-qualifying campaign against the Bahamas at the venue on June 15, romped to a 5-1 victory with Marlon King (26th and 42nd), Demar Phillips (17th), Deon Burton (74th) and captain Ricardo Gardner (87th) scoring.

Meanwhile, a 30-member delegation, including 23 players, will leave the island today for Trinidad for their return friendly international on Saturday. The Boyz will also travel to Grenada for another encounter there next Tuesday.

The players are Donovan Ricketts, Shawn Sawyers, Jermaine Taylor, Rudolph Austin, Demar Phillips, Omar Daley, Ricardo Fuller, Luton Shelton, Evon Taylor, Oneil Thompson, Demar Stewart, O'Brian Woodbine, Tyrone Marshall, Adrian Reid, Ian Goodison, Ricardo Gardner, Jermaine Johnson, Deon Burton, Marlon King, Richard Langley, Simon Ford, Lee Williamson, Jamal Campbell-Ryce.

The delegation is completed Bruce Gaynor, head of delegation; Rene Simoes, technical director; Alfredo Montesso, assistant coach; Theodore Whitmore, assistant coach; Francisco Oliveira, goalkeeper coach; Vin Blaine, team manager; Juan Pablo Camargo, masseur; Sean Samuels; trainer and Norman Stone, equipment manager.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Jawge shoulda know better than that man
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Man a show him gratitude. Unuh sure it was Sickko? We all know him is a Simoes fan.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Funny as hell!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

the half-man half horse was a tek measurement fi di statue or a "pants lent"!

they should have said the fan "gelluped across the field"

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Can anyone tell me why them lock the gates that lead from the car park to the stadium, then start punch holes in the tickets at the main gate, man all a sell bleachers ticket fi 1,000, pure chaos

Comment

Everyone has to pass the security checkpoint at the main gate. That's the reason why they locked the gate from the car park to the stadium. The punched holes indicate that you have entered already. I guess people were passing the tix back to the "outside" to others.

My grouse is the ticket handlers giving you back the smaller piece of the ticket which, in any sensible country would be the piece they keep while returning the larger more interesting part to the patron. Incidentally, that larger portion has the rules governing entry and refunds, etc. Also, for those persons who collect tickets, the crap they give you back is uncollecfable! About time they change that!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

It is a pity we nuh have a Simon type in our squad

fi knock him out before him reach across Simoes....Who was protecting Simoes and why was he allowed to get so close ...What if the mad want to damage Simoes for not including his player in the team...bad..bad.. bad...

Comment

Originally posted by No Mercy View Post
                  fi knock him out before him reach across Simoes....Who was protecting Simoes and why was he allowed to get so close ...What if the mad want to damage Simoes for not including his player in the team...bad..bad.. bad...
                  Hey! HEY! My campaign for Maestro is over! If I didn't do CB anyting, why would I want to hurt di nice white man from Brazil?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

"Everyone has to pass the security checkpoint at the main gate. That's the reason why they locked the gate from the car park to the stadium. The punched holes indicate that you have entered already. I guess people were passing the tix back to the "outside" to others."

Bredrin man still a sell bandoolo ticket outside, especially how them wasn't selling any ticket at the gate, my bredrin did have a ticket, but there where three of us without tickets wi get two from a "source at the gate" when wi try get a third them start sell like hot bread till price reach all 1,000 about 15 mins out a the match gone so mi just get vex an sell the ticket them an go home

puching holes at the gate don't make no sense remember them man yah nuh easy

Comment

Not saying di system work!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

ok

sorry mi jus vex

Comment

Mi tuh! And dem coulden even tell yuh say di gate lock so yuh nuh waste time walk way dung dehso!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mosiah ...these are different times and days

I wouldn't be surprise if gun battle nu bruk out a stadium during a reggaeboys game one day the way the society a run.

Comment

Working...
                            X