Me, yuh worried?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me, yuh worried?

Italy captain Cannavaro out of Euro 2008?

World Cup holders Italy suffered a potentially serious blow on Monday as captain Fabio Cannavaro suffered a left ankle injury during training and was taken to hospital.

The Real Madrid defender underwent scans at hospital in Modling, 15 kilometres south of Vienna, after colliding with Giorgio Chiellini during the practice match and was subsequently transferred to another hospital in Vienna.

Cannavaro, who led Italy to the World Cup title in 2006, was prone of the ground for around 20 minutes.

'We don't know what the exact nature of the injury is, but it isn't a common one,' team doctor Paolo Zeppilli told ANSA news agency.

'It will take us 12 hours to assess the seriousness of the injury.

'It appears, though, that it could be serious. However, it can happen that sometimes the pain is intense but the seriousness of it is not that bad.

'The thing we need to know is if there is a lesion on the bone.'

If Cannavaro - capped 116 times - is ruled out he is likely to be replaced in the squad by either AC Milan's Daniele Bonera, who has 13 caps, or Fiorentina's Alessandro Gamberini, who has 2 caps.

Cannavaro's absence would be a serious blow to Italy, who are in the 'Group of Death' with 2006 World Cup finalists France, Holland and dark horses Romania.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

No worries.

Chiellini has been excellent this season and and Barzagli is a solid player. I am more worried about the stupidity of Inter Milan's Claude Davis.

Comment

Working...
    X