Reggae Boyz Practice Session

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reggae Boyz Practice Session

It was a closed door training session yesterday at the stadium, so I don't believe it would be prudent for me to buss any starting lineups, formations or strategy. Even Horace Reid, the general secretary of the JFF, was given a very warm time by the security guard on duty. He handled the situation very graciously, however, and allowed me to enter as well.

After a long talk by Simoes, they played a full field scrimmage (or skimmidge, if you prefer). I have never seen such viciousness in a Reggae Boyz practice. (Ooops, maybe I should not have given that away.) Fuller was the main culprit, swinging arms and elbows whenever an opponent got within his wingspan. Indeed, it almost came to blows with him and Deamr Stewart. He also almost took out Shawn Sawyers, the No. 2 goalkeeper.

Sorry to disappoint the Burton haters, but he continues to show excellent close ball skills, world-class first touch, and excellent vision. He will be with us for a while!

All other things remain the same - those who love to dribble and nuh pass ball, they will not let their fans down. Those who can't score a goal unless it's in the Championship, those who look slow and lumbering in defence, those who runn off the ball well, providing good spport for their teammates, those who you can depend on for good solid passes - they are all doing what we have seen them do over the year.

Evan Taylor, Simoes new find, looked the part. Seems a little slow for the pace of the match but operated as a true central midfielder, spreading balls left and right for the wingers. He also registered one of his blistering shots past the goalie, after a lumbering step over routine that somehow worked for him and sent him on to goal.

For the most part, they seemed sharp and ready to go.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

coool...thanks for the info rasta, no pictures?

Comment

Y'know, I no longer have a camera. But, if you need pictures that badly, I can give you bank account number. 10 megapixels or higher, of course!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

thanks mo..

Comment

Respect MO.

How you didn't give any special report about the new English Based players, especially Simon Ford. Is really him we interested in hearing about.

Comment

Big up Mo you large. You deliver bigtime. Di you do a Josie Wales "leggo mi hand gateman mek mi come eeeen"?

Mo did you whisper 'Ob.... W.... inna the boss eaaars?

Thanks again Mo.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Thanks, boss!
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

To be honest, I didn't see him do much on the field. And that doesn't mean he hid or was ineffective or anything, the ball just rarely seemed to go his way, or maybe I didn't realise he was the one who made that brilliant tackle. He is not particularly noticeable, like the hulking frame of a Claude Davis.

Lee Williamson was not on the field and instead spent some time with the physical trainer.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Thanks Mo for the inside tract, large up yuh self! Happy to know that Burton still showing his class.

If possible, please keep the reports flowing bredrin.

Respect!!
                  "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Me and dat security guard almost come to blows in di past. Is a good ting Mr. Reid did dideh, cause it would not have been pretty!

Yes, I did whisper OB Juan Canobi in some ears and the reaction was a little surprising. I will leave it at that.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                      Me and dat security guard almost come to blows in di past. Is a good ting Mr. Reid did dideh, cause it would not have been pretty!
                      What business yuh have in deh? Why yuh nuh jump inna di sea?

Comment

A bet a mek yuh apologise! Yuh see wha mi do to Sickko?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                          It was a closed door training session yesterday at the stadium, so I don't believe it would be prudent for me to buss any starting lineups, formations or strategy. Even Horace Reid, the general secretary of the JFF, was given a very warm time by the security guard on duty. He handled the situation very graciously, however, and allowed me to enter as well.

After a long talk by Simoes, they played a full field scrimmage (or skimmidge, if you prefer). I have never seen such viciousness in a Reggae Boyz practice. (Ooops, maybe I should not have given that away.) Fuller was the main culprit, swinging arms and elbows whenever an opponent got within his wingspan. Indeed, it almost came to blows with him and Deamr Stewart. He also almost took out Shawn Sawyers, the No. 2 goalkeeper.

Sorry to disappoint the Burton haters, but he continues to show excellent close ball skills, world-class first touch, and excellent vision. He will be with us for a while!

All other things remain the same - those who love to dribble and nuh pass ball, they will not let their fans down. Those who can't score a goal unless it's in the Championship, those who look slow and lumbering in defence, those who runn off the ball well, providing good spport for their teammates, those who you can depend on for good solid passes - they are all doing what we have seen them do over the year.

Evan Taylor, Simoes new find, looked the part. Seems a little slow for the pace of the match but operated as a true central midfielder, spreading balls left and right for the wingers. He also registered one of his blistering shots past the goalie, after a lumbering step over routine that somehow worked for him and sent him on to goal.

For the most part, they seemed sharp and ready to go.
                          De likkle time mi deh pon da site yah mi realize sey the ite adepth at throwing yuh wuds. Could not avoid the Fuller or JJ jabs. Thanx for the update anyway.

Comment

Thanks Mosiah for the report. Since this was a closed-door training session, were the drills or activities any different from Simoe's open sessions? If so, how?

Dont have to give anything away in your answer that would be beneficial to our future opponents. I am interested int he technical differences.

Comment

Originally posted by Brush View Post
                              De likkle time mi deh pon da site yah mi realize sey the ite adepth at throwing yuh wuds. Could not avoid the Fuller or JJ jabs. Thanx for the update anyway.
                              Yes, one was squarely aimed at Fuller, but other was not for JJ. I don't remember him holding the ball too long yesterday.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X