Another Day When We Ball Them But Lose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Day When We Ball Them But Lose

My Bowie (MD USA) Firebirds lost 3-0 to another team also known as the Firebirds from Fauquier County, VA today. It was a crushing loss since we were in 3rd place and trying to at least stay there to finish the season in the U11 4th division. We may still do so depending on what happens in the last games next week but still I had to get this one off my chest.

Our opponents today are the division leaders and I'm telling you, we thoroughly dominated play for the first 15 minutes. We did everything but put the ball in the back of the net. Our little Matter who had been on a mini scoring spree over the last 4 games missed at least 6 easy chances. You know what happens when you give a good team second chances, don't you? They come back and score their chances and the next thing you know, you're down with no way to come back.

Overall, our team has markedly improved over last season but I'm telling you bredrins, I hate it when we ball them but still lose.

sorry to hear that. Maybe some more shooting drills will help.

Try some fun ones like last man to score do press ups etc.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Maybe dem need a new coach

Comment

They might just need a new coach. If I find a good, dedicated coach, I'd step aside.

Assasin, you're right too. We have to do more shooting drills. We do do drills but it has only been lately that I have been emphasizing that it's not okay to miss shots.

Comment

don't be a quitter. You can get help, no problem with that but it may not be a reflection on you.

Let them do the fun drills, like the last thing at training, Our coach use to say if you hit the cross bar from 20 yards out you can leave, or my brethren put a goalie in and have two side and anyone score can leave. See how much effort them put inna it without realising.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I was just kidding man.

Comment

Working...
            X