X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RE: Have to give Boxer credit

Bricktop (10/17/2006)
    Karl (10/17/2006)
    Sickko (10/17/2006)Smuggling drugs is never about need, it is always greed and at the time Lowe could never have pleaded hunger or serious want....
    The man was acquitted!
    Granted. But what does the JFF now owe him? Should they be in the habit of paying lawyer fees for players that put themselves in shady situations? Has he played a full season of even corner league ball since?
    I am merely watching the debate. ...and, I think it is unfair to be harking back to something for which Lowe wasexonerated.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Assasin (10/16/2006)he has finally gotten a good coach. He made a bold decision. unlike what he did when Laza came. I hope he can now provide some leadership so the program can go forward.
      BTW - Let's wait until the ink dries on the deal!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Karl (10/17/2006)[hr
        I am merely watching the debate. ...and, I think it is unfair to be harking back to something for which Lowe wasexonerated.[/quote]

Lowe had a responsibility to himself, his country, and other footballers with hopes of plying their trade in England and he failed miserably. Why in God's name wouldhe agree to accept a package of tshirts, hat's and sneakers from Jamaica? How stupid is he? Reminds me ofa friend of mine who took up a couple boxes of baby formula from Jamaica to Miami for somemone only to discover the cans full of Ganja. Why would you ship consumer goods from a third world country to a first world country?

Comment

I had to laugh when when I went to London and saw Tastee cheese, Suppligen, Malta, McEwan Strong Ale, yam, banana and salt fish being sold in stores all over Tottenham and other parts of London.

Then I began to understand when people turn up at the airport with these items in their bags they raise red flags immediately.

Also why would you take hair products for black people from Jamaica to England? They have a lot more Africans there than they have here so it stands to reaosn they would have these things there as well.
          Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
          Che Guevara.

Comment

Bricktop (10/17/2006)
            Karl (10/17/2006)[hr
            I am merely watching the debate. ...and, I think it is unfair to be harking back to something for which Lowe wasexonerated.
            Lowe had a responsibility to himself, his country, and other footballers with hopes of plying their trade in England and he failed miserably. Why in God's name wouldhe agree to accept a package of tshirts, hat's and sneakers from Jamaica? How stupid is he? Reminds me ofa friend of mine who took up a couple boxes of baby formula from Jamaica to Miami for somemone only to discover the cans full of Ganja. Why would you ship consumer goods from a third world country to a first world country?
            Maybe because those doing the sending have a responsibility to those on the receiving end and would prefer not sending cash?

...and, in some cases our third world brand is either more expensive in the first world...or is not available?

BTW - Have you ever taken back rum? ...coffee? ...breadfruit? ...ackee? ...and or any other stuff?

In my experience it is not unusual to be asked to bring back some products...! ...and, I almost always take back some product!

Comment

T.K. You is a funny somebody you know.

Comment

Bricktop (10/17/2006)
                Mosiah (10/17/2006)X, where is Onandi Lowe? I can't see him on the field for Portmore. And he is not usually hard to miss.
                What the hell is wrong wit dis man and him Onandi Lowe fixation? Onandi Lowe (even if he was playing football which he isn't) couldn't even make the bench for the reggaeboyz anymore. We are all set at striker thanks X
                I know what Mosiah is trying to say Onandi Lowe could have been a beast if he was properly handled but him have too much fire for most people and organizations. When he was at his best he was one of these players a coach could say to, "go and get me a goal so we can win this game".

Comment

Working...
                X