Ten Cate leaves Chelsea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ten Cate leaves Chelsea

Sky Sports News understands Henk Ten Cate has been sacked as an assistant manager by Chelsea.

The Dutchman arrived at Stamford Bridge in October to join Avram Grant's backroom staff following the departure of Jose Mourinho.

However, after Grant was sacked by Chelsea last Saturday, there were suggestions that Ten Cate would also be on his way out of the club.

Ten Cate, though, revealed at the start of the week that he had been assured that he still had a role in West London, where he was under contract until 2010.

He told Voetbal International: "Half an hour before Chelsea made the message about Grant officially known, I was called by the chief executive Peter Kenyon.

"He informed me that the departure of Grant will not affect me. I'd rather go on that than all those newspaper reports.

"That appointment was long planned and therefore separate from recent developments.

"In January I had one such evaluation and then we said we would do again after the season. I have a contract until 2010."

But it would now appear that Ten Cate's time at Chelsea has run its course as the club look for Grant's replacement.

Luiz Felipe Scolari, Carlo Ancelotti, Mark Hughes, Roberto Mancini and Sven Goran Eriksson are among the candidates to take over from Grant.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Ten Cate nuh know say never to believe anything Peter Kenyon say? I guess him know now.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
      Ten Cate nuh know say never to believe anything Peter Kenyon say? I guess him know now.
      I tell yuh, if Kenyon tell me fi walk, I am going to run. He also said Grant was going nowhere as they were satisfied with him. On Murinho, he said there was no grouse between Roman A and Murinho. We all saw what happened shortly after.

I take anything the man says with a grain of salt.
      "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

that may mean its not Rikaard thats going in.

Comment

poppy show club .... jhonny come lately ..

Comment

Working...
          X