Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peter Prendergast aims for President of KSAFA

Peter Prendergast aims for President of KSAFA Confederation

"That thou are Peter, upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it". Matthew 16: 18

Former FIFA referee and immediate past president of JFRA ,Peter Prendergast has hit the campaign trail in his quest for president of KSAFA at the upcoming voting Congress in August or whenever it is called.

Prendergast's decision to throw his hat in the ring, followed hot on the heels of the announcement by incumbent Ambassador Stewart Stephenson's not to seek re-election at the end of his 4 year stint in the office. It is anticipated that treasurer Rudolph Speid will surface and also signal his intentions to run for the presidency.

The 45 year old Real Mona delegate, has so far met with some 8 Clubs "to share my vision and get a feed back". Whilst admitting his lack of experience with the inner workings and establishment politics of KSAFA, the man dubbed as the 'Obama candidate' has cast his net with a message of change and inclusiveness ,to galvanize the affiliates in an effort to restore the glory days of the KSAFA of the 70's and the 80's that brought out thousand to matches and involved real community participation .

The present chairman of JFF Referees Committee, indicated that he has no slate nor a manifesto just yet, but has asked the clubs to identify potential leaders and respond to the following planks of his programmatic platform:
    • Constitutional Change-Here Peter proposed to increase the elected elements on the Council over nominated sub-committee chairmen and to replace the latter with a restored regional /zone management committee chairmen elected by the clubs. A paid general secretary, appointed by the new look Council, would be a new feature as part of an effort to improve administrative efficiency.
    • Overhaul of Subcommittees- This will involve divesting Council of standing committee chairmen to enable them to focus more on administrative and technical matters rather than political matters; making the subcommittees more functional and accountable; fostering greater participation of KSAFA Premier League Clubs; inclusion of a medical personnel on the technical committee and introduction of a new Planning and Development Committee.
    • Restructuring KSAFA senior competitions and amending qualifying criteria for KSAFA junior competitions – Where the senior competitions are concerned, Prendergast suggests a two rather than at three tier league. In this regard it is proposed to retain the Super League and a new look Major League for the Syd Bartlett trophy.. Participation in the identified junior competitions will not be the sole criteria for qualifying clubs for the senior competition. In the new dispensation, Peter is proposing to give clubs, facing resource constraint and pursuing long term development objective, the option to participate in the junior competitions only.
    • Introduction of a Futsal / 5-a-side Community League- Consistent with FIFA directive to encourage grass root participation, Peter Prendergast is proposing a new look sponsored competition to embrace all the communities in the corporate area City league in character. It is also proposed to have some of the matches played at the National Arena indoor facilities on a Friday night.
    • Negotiating cheaper gear/equipment for Clubs- Prendergast informed that he is presently negotiating a major sport equipment deal with a sport good manufacturer/supplier that will result in substantial discounts the benefit of which will be passed on to affiliates.
    • Regularization of Technical and Management Seminars- In this regard, the presidential aspirant proposes to calendar both seminars and work closely with the JFF to realize both.
    The former Wanderers National League player, and St. Georges College Manning Cupper cautiously refuted reference to him as a "clone of Burrell' and promised to continue to uphold the tradition of the KSAFA as a defender and watch dog for the development of the sport at the national level
    Last edited by Karl; May 27, 2008, 07:42 PM.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
    Peter Prendergast aims for President of KSAFA Confederation

"That thou are Peter, upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it". Matthew 16: 18

Former FIFA referee and immediate past president of JFRA ,Peter Prendergast

The former Wanderers National League player, and St. Georges College Manning Cupper cautiously refuted reference to him as a "clone of Burrell' and promised to continue to uphold the tradition of the KSAFA as a defender and watch dog for the development of the sport at the national level
    Not a clone of Burrell, just angling to succeed Burrell.
    Oooooh btw - Did I hear someone make the claim that he was the Chairman/Director of the Burrell re-election campaign?

Not for a moment saying it is not fair to be ambitious and at the same time put one's experience at work for football...after all I have worked on a JFF sub-committee in the past and would serve on a JFF committee in a heartbeat.
    Gwaan, Mr. Prendi!
    Last edited by Karl; May 28, 2008, 07:39 AM.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I hope he wins==based only on the 4th bullet.
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

It is betta him go run fi the western leadership and leave S

tephson to continue his tenure.

Comment

Working...
        X