Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who saw Shalrie Joseph's interview last Saturday

prior to the game against Houston?

If I were a Grenadian, I would not want to see him in a Grenada jersey ever again.

The interviewer asked him if he had any regrets choosing Grenada as he is qualified to play for the USA as well. Shalrie said there are times when he has his regrets...That was enough for me.

He explained that as a teenager coming up you always want to play international ball but the USA did not come calling and Grenada did.

Is this guy the captain of the Grenada national senior team?

Twas embarrassing! And if we are not careful, that's how interviews with some of our players will go. If they are reading this, word to the wise - act like yuh love playing for the Boyz. Act like there never was any doubt that this is what you want to do. Act like there are absolutely no regrets. And try mean it too!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

I did find it strange that a fellow who was born in Greneda would say something like that. Jeff Cunningham had similar comments upon swithing to the US.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
      prior to the game against Houston?

If I were a Grenadian, I would not want to see him in a Grenada jersey ever again.

The interviewer asked him if he had any regrets choosing Grenada as he is qualified to play for the USA as well. Shalrie said there are times when he has his regrets...That was enough for me.

He explained that as a teenager coming up you always want to play international ball but the USA did not come calling and Grenada did.

Is this guy the captain of the Grenada national senior team?

Twas embarrassing! And if we are not careful, that's how interviews with some of our players will go. If they are reading this, word to the wise - act like yuh love playing for the Boyz. Act like there never was any doubt that this is what you want to do. Act like there are absolutely no regrets. And try mean it too!
      Suh Joseph talk the truth and unuh vex, but its ok fi a man gwaan like him love playing fi yaad?

The truth is if Joseph was a US int'l he would be in Europe today ... matter of fact, if he was still stuck in the MLS as a US int'l he would be making much more money.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
        The truth is if Joseph was a US int'l he would be in Europe today ... matter of fact, if he was still stuck in the MLS as a US int'l he would be making much more money.
        And how, in God's name, can you be sure about that? For every example you give me of that happening, I can give you 5 of it not happening.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Lazie, sometimes yuh haffi say the politically correct ting and be diplomatic. It was just plain wrong for him to make those statements!
          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Lazie, How much money is Joseph currently making?

Comment

When the caribbean organisation and administrators start tre

ating players with respect and honesty then those comments will change. You will always have players who really want to play for us and there are those who just there because of the exposure at the time. It is a personal thing.

Comment

And how, in God's name, can you be sure about that? For every example you give me of that happening, I can give you 5 of it not happening.
                Maybe the 5 not good enough. Shalrie don't need Grenada.
                "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
                  Lazie, How much money is Joseph currently making?
                  At this point I don't know, but I'm fully aware that the MLS blocked his move to Europe.

Comment

Not a ting go suh. Did you listen to the interview?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Instructive.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Suh how you going to make a statement and you don't even know how much he is being paid.

Do you know that he was was earning much more than Clint Dempsey?

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
                          Suh how you going to make a statement and you don't even know how much he is being paid.

Do you know that he was was earning much more than Clint Dempsey?
                          Suh him was going to leave NE and guh Europe fi less money? If he was to be paid in Euro ... whats the conversion rate?

Don't knock the youth for speaking the truth. Whenever I see him have a good game I wonder if he isn't cursing his luck ... now my question is answered.

Comment

Is Lazie. Tek time.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Is Lazie. Tek time.
                              But you just as mad. Which team Dempsey play fah? Which team wanted Shalrie?

Comment

Working...
                              X