New UB-40s Arrive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New UB-40s Arrive

How good are these players, Simon Ford and Lee Williamson? I have my doubts about them both. I continue to be disappointed that nothing has changed since Simoes first stint here. We will continue to look at family trees and passports in selecting our players.

I also note that they don't seem particularly gung-ho about playing for Jamaica. Tiyad of that attitude now. I thought Simoes said he would not be picking players who didn't demonstrate a keen desire to play for us, and not just for convenience when other countries didn't come calling.

Sickko, please let us know how impressive they have looked in training.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

You have doubts and you have notes.

Care to share more ?

Source of doubts ?

Source of Notes ?

Or is this JMB ? (Just more badmind)

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
      How good are these players, Simon Ford and Lee Williamson? I have my doubts about them both. I continue to be disappointed that nothing has changed since Simoes first stint here. We will continue to look at family trees and passports in selecting our players.

I also note that they don't seem particularly gung-ho about playing for Jamaica. Tiyad of that attitude now. I thought Simoes said he would not be picking players who didn't demonstrate a keen desire to play for us, and not just for convenience when other countries didn't come calling.

Well, it speaks to the state of football in Jamaica. Simoes gave the local based guys a good look before venturing to England to look at Ford and Williamson etc. They went to Brazil for 3 weeks, etc. Before that Bora took a number of local based players on tours all over the place, played a number of games, they got their asses waxed, and Bora end up probably losing his job because of it. So we really cant blame Simoes for looking at the talent avaialable outside. Our most productive striker at the moment is a UB40...and in the successful campaign in 1997, it was another UB40 that got us there with his scoring streak. If the new guys are not up to par, then believe me, we will know in time. And what makes yo uthink these new guys are not 100% committed? I am not saying they are, but what make you think they are not?
      President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

You have doubts about them wanting to play for Jamaica based on what? Hasn't Ford been trying to play for us since 2006?

If a local man nuh up to speed, I see no reason why we can't include the overseas based fellows. Simoes hasn't given adequate exposure to our younger/local players, so I am not quite sure what they have to complain about. Just like last time when he gave exposure to many local players.

Comment

Foolishness yuh a chat Mo. If a yute qualifies to play for Jamaica, and he is superior to local talent, then dem fi get a blie.
          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Mosiah, welcome the boys and stop talk. They are Jamaicans. I wonder if you got any children while you were living abroad? How would you feel if yo had a foreign raised kid and they was not allowed to represent Jamaica?

... I guess the only reason why Burton is here is because we wants to play. Burton and Goodison needs to be retired to a farm. That is what you need to talk bout.
            The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

I think Ford played in the Scottish Premier League while Williamson plays for Watford.
              "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Actions speak louder than words. I don't know what these new UB-40s could have said or not said that would lead Mosiah to believe that they are not committed to the cause. However, I am more interested in the the effort they'll put out on the field when they don the national colours.

Comment

Does this look like a player that has sparked at his club and is getting regular playing time? This article is only a month old.

The other thing, where were these players years ago, a la Jamal Campbell-Ryce?

Ford considering Rugby Park exit

Ford has been on the sidelines since February

Simon Ford admits he could quit Kilmarnock in search of first-team football after falling out of favour with manager Jim Jefferies.
                  The 26-year-old defender, who has a year left of his contract, has been out of the starting 11 since February.
                  "It's something I'll look at in the summer," he said.
                  "I'll sit down with my family and review the situation. It's a case of training and working hard and seeing what happens next season."
                  Kilmarnock lost three goals in the defeat by Inverness Caledonian Thistle last week and Ford, who made 24 league appearances before losing his place in the team, is hoping for a recall.
                  "The gaffer said I've got a chance of getting back into the team, which I'm pleased about, so I'm hopeful," said Ford.

Maybe it will be time to try to get myself out on loan or move on if possible

Kilmarnock defender Simon Ford

"The boys have been playing really well and they have had some good results and clean sheets since I've been out.
                  "I've got no problem with the boys who are playing or with the gaffer saying I'm not in the team because the boys have been playing well.
                  "On the other hand, if they weren't playing well, I would be knocking on the manager's door asking when I'm going to get my chance again."

But the former Grimsby Town, Bristol Rovers and Redbridge defender, who joined Killie in 2004, admits that he has found it difficult to stay motivated while sitting in the stand. "If I find myself in the same situation then maybe I'll think that my time is up here and maybe it will be time to try to get myself out on loan or move on if possible," he said. "It's been really frustrating. I've never been in this situation before and it's not one that I like."

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Well, that's why I wait, with bated breath, to see if these players are quality, or just because they play for a side that sits 11th out of 12 teams in the Scottish Premier League they are supposed to be better than our local talent. I have seen EPL UB-40 players that were not worth the cost of their Kappa jerseys.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Are players being picked simply because they play for a foreign side? I don't think that is the case. If that was so there would be no need for for any of the local based squad memebers.

Which EPL players were not woth the cost of their Kappa jerseys?
                      Frank Sinclair? No worse a performer than Fabian Davis or Tyrone Sawyers at right back.
                      Marcus Gayle? No worse a performer than Damani Ralph during out last qualifiers.

Comment

Ford doesn't seem to be a great player. Our defensive pool is poor, so it is no big surprise that he would be given a look.

Our local defenders are horrible, so I am not sure that there is someone out there with major talent and is not included in the team.

Comment

Nah call nuh name again. Just recently someone named a few and he was on the money. I mean, Marcus Gayle as Reggae Boyz captain!?! What a travesty!

Oops!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I wonder how much better is Ford when compared to Stew Peas? Yes, Mr. Peas has his deficiencies (who doesn't), but I don't doubt his commitment. And Mr. Peas performed admirably for his club last season.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

unnu complain too much. Give the man a chance to put his things togather. A nuh only EPL players can play ball.

Make the man put his team togather. None of us even seen these players to pass judgement yet.
                              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                              X