NPL Playoffs - sorry for bringing up some local stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPL Playoffs - sorry for bringing up some local stuff

Meadhaven is trodding merrily along into the NPL, having won all 3 of its matches thus far. Rivoli looks likely to join them as their only loss was at the hands of Meadhaven, by a 3-2 margin. While Meadhaven is squeaking by their opponents, Rivoli has racked up 9 goals compared to Meadhaven's 6. The return match between them should be a humdinger, even though they both might have both qualified already.

So, who are the standouts so far? Captain Rohan Reid for Wadadah has been doing his thing, albeit for a losing cause. Sickko, him have any use fi true?

I haven't seen Rivoli but Patrick Beech is back. A few years ago, while in the NPL, he didn't really show me more than just a high running rate, but his technical ability was not all that.

Meadhaven has the hero from the PanAm games, Keammar Daley, who is yet to score a goal in these playoffs. Nonetheless, he has contributed otherwise and his class still shines thru.

But the player for me is Lennox Creary. I saw him in action for the Meadhaven U-20 team a few weeks ago playing in the right back position. He did very well then, cutting in onto his favoured left foot and making some mature thru passes. Yesterday, he played mostly on the left wing, but roamed quite a bit in various attacking positions. He is like a Maestro on Red Bull. Not quite as cultured with his left foot, but all TEAM, with deft dribbles and thru passes galore! He singlehandedly crafted Meadhaven's lone goal yesterday with a great fast break from his half. Lennox Creary - you heard it here first!!!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Patrick Beech finished from way back in Simoes last stint. Always was slightly overated by the local massive. Scored some pretty impressive goals, but was always a notch below Kevin Lamey.

Comment

Always like to hear bout talented youths with discipline. Please champion his cause to the Prof.

Comment

He will be Meadhaven's star next season, maybe outshining even Keammar Daley! And he is U-20!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
        X