RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reggae Boyz train at Grand Lido Braco - that's near to what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
    One argument Karl and others used against the academy at Munro was the distance to...whatever - the stadium, Kingston, civilization, hospitals, pan-chicken vendor, Quad, etc.

Then how come the team is to train at Grand Lido Braco, preparing for those friendlies and the WCq?
    Near to the stadium - Trelawny!
    On major transportation route - Kgn <--->MoBay; Mobay<----->Port Antonio: near to the Cornwall Regional hospital; ...and we could on and on!

...but why are you comparing oranges to apples? This is the site of a training camp. This is not the site of a JFF's academy?

I do not have a lock on what the JFF does...but I am convinced that it would be an ass who would not look at i) the current JFF's financial standing; ii) the matter of cost sharing - containing costs...that a properly situated 1st academy would bring to 'the table' i.e. in areas of physical facilities and equipment; staffing - administrative, technical, education, auxillary; access to hospitals and other medical personal; proximity to places that provide accommodation for all who would visit and or use the academy - hotels, motels, guest houses, etc; schools; playing surfaces; space for expansion; easy reach to places of entertainment; etc., etc...and how best to take advantage of best available location...right?

...but once again, why are you comparing oranges to apples? This is the site of a training camp. This is not the site of a JFF's academy?
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
      Near to the stadium - Trelawny!
      On major transportation route - Kgn <--->MoBay; Mobay<----->Port Antonio: near to the Cornwall Regional hospital; ...and we could on and on!

...but why are you comparing oranges to apples? This is the site of a training camp. This is the site of a JFF's academy?

I do not have a lock on what the JFF does...but I am convinced that it would be an ass who would not look at i) the current JFF's financial standing; ii) the matter of cost sharing - containing costs...that a properly situated 1st academy would bring to 'the table' i.e. in areas of physical facilities and equipment; staffing - administrative, technical, education, auxillary; access to hospitals and other medical personal; proximity to places that provide accommodation for all who would visit and or use the academy - hotels, motels, guest houses, etc; schools; playing surfaces; space for expansion; easy reach to places of entertainment; etc., etc...and how best to take advantage of best available location...right?
      What does the Trelawny stadium have to do with matches at the National Stadium. Think before you spew!

If you followed the thread you would have read where I that some had suggested that the Munro site would not be suitable for the national training centre as well because of distance.

Maybe you should go back and read the thread.

How long does it take to get to the Cornwall Regional Hospital from Braco?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

no no.. again if you understand the premise of the argument. The training camp must be in close proximity to the natl centre then the fact that we spent most of the 98 campaign at Grand Lido and now tells me that argument is one of convenience. This has nothing to do with training in Trelawny being wrong but more the hypocrisy's of their argument.

Comment

Thank yuh OJ. If I say di exact same ting dem read someting different and cuss mi. Maybe dem might actually examine what you said and THINK for a minute.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

OJ, reason with me for a minute. Where did Jamaica train for the recent games with Costa Rica, Trinidad, Guatemala and El Salvador? I am 100% sure they didnt train at Braco, and in the context of those games, it wouldnt make sense to train outside of the coprotate area. remember for international games we typically have our players for 3 days...you dont want to have them travelling on bus for any extended period of time for those 3 days. The current situation is a totally different kettle of fish. Our next official FIFA game is June 15th...the players are already here, so having a one-off camp at a resort with adequate facilities is not a bad idea..I would actually not have a problem with a remote training camp on the North coast even if we had an establisehd training facility in Kingston. Many of teh players are coming off long seasons and have sacrificed being with their families to be in Jamaica....Braco is the perfect place for them at this point.
            President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

Gee! RF, yuh know you never took the time to reason with me? It's always insults, insults and more insults!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

There is one thing I'm learning from all this which is being played out on this thread.

If the distant training affects one or two of the players then they should not be on the squad. Isn't this part of the mental training?

And they are at home.

Comment

I understand your reasoning, but again yow will agree the proximity argument was an excuse. The idea of those guys who came in driving 3 hours to Trelawny is no less significant at this time as it would at anytime. I adhere to my belief that it could be anywhere.. Matter of fact they could fly to Mobay and it becomes an hour ride.

Comment

What the hell does a Senior Squad camp have to do with a Football Academy ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                      What does the Trelawny stadium have to do with matches at the National Stadium. Think before you spew!
                      You brought up this point.
                      Why?
                      What the hell this has to do with our 1st academy (...our what will then be our ONLY academy)?

If you followed the thread you would have read where I that some had suggested that the Munro site would not be suitable for the national training centre as well because of distance.

Maybe you should go back and read the thread.
                      Once again, what does this training camp have to do with the proposed academy?

How long does it take to get to the Cornwall Regional Hospital from Braco?
                      ...and Munro to Cornwall Regional?
                      ...or Munro to a Hospital in Kingston and or St Andrew?

You are not going to deny that Cornwall Regional and UHWI---KPH are where there is best medical treatment?

Aside:
                      Just to remind - It is the GC Foster College grounds and the old textile mills grounds that gets my vote for our 1st academy.

...and I have been advocating/have a vision of 4 JFF football academies sited in the West, Middle of the island, Kingston/St Andrew/St Catherine area (1st academy) and the East.
                      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

OK boss, I am not here to analyze whats the best location for the training center. Whatever the reason is for not wanting to have it in st. elizabeth, it seems the captain was convincing enough in his arguements to FIFA, and I suppose we will be moving forward with the relocation, bad decision or not.
                        President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

u al missing the point.. Mo is right!

Comment

Karl is stuck in academy mode. Wi gone pass dat long time!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Reggae-Fan View Post
                              OK boss, I am not here to analyze whats the best location for the training center.
                              Then why were you trying?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
                                u al missing the point.. Mo is right!
                                This is what Mo said - http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/s...955#post103955

Again...what has that got to do with our proposed 1st academy? ...or put another way; what did Mo use to join conversations on an academy site that could also be used as a training site...with choosing a training site that definitely is not being contemplated as an academy site?

Comment

Working...
                                X