RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reggae Boyz train at Grand Lido Braco - that's near to what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reggae Boyz train at Grand Lido Braco - that's near to what?

One argument Karl and others used against the academy at Munro was the distance to...whatever - the stadium, Kingston, civilization, hospitals, pan-chicken vendor, Quad, etc.

Then how come the team is to train at Grand Lido Braco, preparing for those friendlies and the WCq?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

if the academy was near by, would they still go to Braco?

Comment

COULD they?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I thought Braco's location place the Reggae Boyz much closer to the Trelawny multipurpose stadium than the academy.

Comment

thats farther than munro... ah bwoy..

Comment

Where is farther than Munro?

Comment

Originally posted by Jamaica2099 View Post
              I thought Braco's location place the Reggae Boyz much closer to the Trelawny multipurpose stadium than the academy.
              What does the Trelawny stadium have to do with anything? They have some friendlies in Kingston and the qualifier in Kingston before the Trelawny match, so proximity to that stadium is immaterial. Unless there was something peculiar about the Trelawny climate, altitude or something, and we know there is no such thing.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

The argument that we need train within close proximity to the national stadium was used to discard the Munro site. Braco is no closer to the national stadium and render that argument foolish. The issue was never proximity.

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
                  The argument that we need train within close proximity to the national stadium was used to discard the Munro site. Braco is no closer to the national stadium and render that argument foolish. The issue was never proximity.
                  Are we building an academy (or National Training Center under the Burell Admin) at Braco?

Comment

You are missing the point. The argument for moving the site was that it was too far from the NTL Stadium. Then if that is the case why are we training at Grand Lido.. when we could be training closer to the NTL Stadium in keeping with the facade or mis information.

Comment

Good question! Some had viewed the academy at Munro as a national training center as well, and that argument had been raised, that it would be too far. Remember, those who had a problem with that location did not waste any time coming up with all sorts of excuses as to why it couldn't work.

So again I ask, if Munro is too far, what about Braco?

I don't know what the plan is for Braco but we seem to like going there. Okay, I guess our players need to stay in a top 20 Caribbean resort. Can't have Marlon bring his girls to anything less!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
                        You are missing the point. The argument for moving the site was that it was too far from the NTL Stadium. Then if that is the case why are we training at Grand Lido.. when we could be training closer to the NTL Stadium in keeping with the facade or mis information.
                        The argument was that having a National training center that is the Home of the JFF for technical seminars and regular traininng should not be that far. Simoes said that if it was just a youth academy then such distance would be okay. If they had the majority of their training sessions at distant locations then one might say that it would not sound right.

Did they even secure the fields yet for that academy.

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
                          The argument was that having a National training center that is the Home of the JFF for technical seminars and regular traininng should not be that far. Simoes said that if it was just a youth academy then such distance would be okay. If they had the majority of their training sessions at distant locations then one might say that it would not sound right.

Did they even secure the fields yet for that academy.
                          Lots of things here, Me. I won't touch the field one because that is a diversion. Let's just stick to the national training centre. Can we do that?

Okay, if the national training centre is supposed to be close to Kingston, then what are they doing out in Braco? Forget Munro at this point! Dat is history!

(Sorry to have brought up Munro, because it really isn't the point as the academy will never go back there.)

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

my understanding its portmore?

Comment

there is no training center in place yet, so they might as well choose the best alternative. 98, that was a location they used because it was one of the few with a decent field, somewhere for the players to stay and a staff that could serve the team.

Comment

Working...
                              X