Jawge will feel like a genius because Simoes agrees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jawge will feel like a genius because Simoes agrees

with him that the schoolboy system is not good enuff to develop players. The players play for 2 months, unless you reach the second round and further.

However, I don't remember anyone saying that the schoolboy system is good enuff and that we don't need anything more.

But Karl and I (and others) don't believe that we need to get rid of the schoolboy system. And that is what I think Jawge has been advocating for the past two years or so.

Simoes wants academies and clubs to do more for the youth to develop their games.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

I agree that the 2 months is definitely too short for anyone but the best of the best schoolboys to shine. Late bloomers and those from traditionally weaker schools stand very little chance to develop and thrive. The problem though too is that our clubs and other organizations are simply too poor, unorganized and fleeting to really develop players either. By that I mean, you can hardly find a club that's been in existence for say 40, 50 years that has a conistent tradition of excellence. Only a hand full of schools even come close to that track record.

Comment

So the question I would ask Simoes is how ?
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Merge D Cup and Manning Cup?

Blessed

Comment

Poor is in the brain.

Many of the clubs can do better. How is it Aaron Lawerence can get sponsorship from Real Madrid for his concept and so many teams deh a Mobay and none of them have a real sponsor, while so many hotels telecom companies etc around in Mobay? Why is it Seba still a use players from back in the 80s and early 90s?

Teams like St.Georges had no money but Everton King put it togather and sell the players the community concept and the players and community bought into it. They have done a lot of volinteer work in the community and have instilled pride. He told me he had a 4 year plan to get to the NPL and it did work for him despite losing some of the best players.

In working with many Jamaicans up here at a club I use to manage, they have no interest in youth ball just want to prove who is better. I managed to get college coaches to recruit players who went on to better things, I got scholarships for summer camps etc. But most a the man dem who make the most noise want to play, wouldn't take their kids to the field, still think they are professional even why they are on fit for RSBC picnic.

More clubs need to think at least 2-3 years in advance and have a youth focus as Simoes suggest.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
            How is it Aaron Lawerence can get sponsorship from Real Madrid for his concept...
            Is that what happened?!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

The clubs have to improve and we need soccer academies.

Should Simoes give us a blueprint for improving our clubs?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Based on what I read Lawerence had the idea and got the land from Rollins and eventually got Real involved.

If you have other info maybe you can share it.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

This is what I could find:

JFF seeks to forge ties with Real Madrid
                  published: Monday | January 9, 2006

Nodley Wright, Freelance Writer

Jamaica Football Federation Crenston Boxhill sits in the midst of Real Madrid FC president Florentino Perez (right) and Spanish Ambassador Jesus Silva, as they hold discussions about the JFF and Real Madrid FC forging a relationship, mainly through youth development. - HERBERT ENNIS/FREELANCE PHOTOGRAPHER

THE JAMAICA Football Federation (JFF) could soon have a relationship with Real Madrid, the most popular football club in the world, following discussions between Real Madrid president Florentino Perez and JFF president Crenston Boxhill.

In a meeting at the VIP lounge of the Sangster International Airport on Saturday afternoon Perez, who enthusiastically received the suggestion of forging technical relationships between the two bodies, gave Boxhill the commitment that he would set up an appointment in Madrid with former Spain international Emilio Butrageno, a senior vice president at the club and the one in charge of such matters. That meeting will take place in Spain.

"I took the opportunity to discuss the possibility of technical cooperation between his club and our country, especially as it relates to youth development involving players and coaches.

"President Perez gave it his blessing and gave a commitment to setting up an appointment with Emilio Butrageno," Boxhill said.

Spanish Ambassador Jesus Silva, who was also present at the meeting and who served as interpreter, will act as liaison between Real Madrid and the JFF until the meeting materialises.

In a lively discussion Boxhill gave Perez an overview of Jamaica's football programme and told him about Real Madrid's cult status in the country.

Perez enquired about the number of Jamaican professionals playing overseas and in particular England.

They also spoke about Trinidad and Tobago's qualification for the World Cup with Boxhill explaining the role played by Dutchman Leo Beenhakker.

INTEREST SHOWN

"I am very ubpeat, very pleased," Boxhill said after the meeting. "The mere fact that he took time out of his busy schedule to meet us and the interest he showed in what we are doing and intend to do is something positive," said Boxhill who capitalised on Perez' short working holiday in the island to meet him.

Perez, who also wears the hat of chairman of ACS-Dragado, one of the largest construction companies in the world and which also has an interest in the Sangster International Airport, inspected the airport.

Boxhill intends to make the most of the contact and among the things he said he will discuss with Butrageno are the hosting of youth players and coaches in their academy as well as "the possibility of members of their technical staff coming here on a working holiday and assisting with the development of youth coaches and players".

Before concluding the meeting Perez said he was heading back to Spain to watch yesterday's La Liga game between his sixth-placed Real Madrid and Villareal which are a point and a place above them. Real Madrid's fierce rivals Barcelona sit atop the table with 43 points, 14 ahead of Real Madrid which have played a game less.

Madrid officials to discuss academy plans next week
                  published: Thursday | June 21, 2007

Jamaica's football could be boosted by the building of another football academy, when Real Madrid special advisor Manuel Velazquez and director general Carlos Abella arrive here next week to discuss the plan with the Spanish-Jamaican Foundation.

Both men are expected to arrive on June 24 for a three-day visit, and during this time they are expected to sign a Declaration of Intent with the Spanish Jamaica Foundation.

The Spanish Jamaica Foundation was formed by Spanish groups currently investing in Jamaica.

The proposed site for the academy is currently Rose Hall on land donated by Mrs. Michelle Rollins, chairman of Rose Hall Development Limited.

The proposed academy, which is expected to be managed by former national goalkeeper Aaron Lawrence, will be modelled on Real Madrid Foundation Schools of Social Integration.

Similar academies have already been established in several Latin American countries, including Mexico and Uruguay.

Opportunities

The academy is also expected to provide opportunities for education, vocational training, psychological assistance and medical care.

While here, the officials will meet with the executive board members of the Spanish-Jamaican Foundation and selected members of the local football fraternity.

The representatives of the club, crowned Spanish La Liga champions this year, will pay a courtesy call on the Governor-General, Prime Minister Portia Simpson Miller, who paid a visit to the Real Madrid club back in March, Leader of the Opposition and relevant personalities of the Jamaican society.

The Ambassador of Spain will also host a reception in honour of the visiting delegation on June 27, at 7:00 p.m., at his residence in Norbrook.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                    Jamaica's football could be boosted by the building of another football academy, when Real Madrid special advisor Manuel Velazquez and director general Carlos Abella arrive here next week to discuss the plan with the Spanish-Jamaican Foundation.

Both men are expected to arrive on June 24 for a three-day visit, and during this time they are expected to sign a Declaration of Intent with the Spanish Jamaica Foundation.

The Spanish Jamaica Foundation was formed by Spanish groups currently investing in Jamaica.
                    I wonder if this academy will become a reality given the Newsletter's recent assault on Riu. The Spanish Jamaica Foundation could not be looking at the Newsletter's recent behaviour in a good light.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

They would be foolish to make Butch make them nuh do the academy, instead they should do it as a good deed to show Jamaica that they have interest.

Are you suggesting it is Boxhill or the JFF dream? I read nowhere where this academy has any tie to the JFF. Pretty much JFF got nothing from the Real Madrid association, that was just chat.

You think Cable and Wireless stopped Digicel from reaching out? although they spend so many time trying to give them a fight. Any businessman of the trade know and understand it.

Comment

Successful footballing nations seem to use academies and clubs, so I don't see why we should keep something around for tradtions sake when it's holding back our program

Comment

Too many traditionalists exist. Scrap the meaningless D Cup and Manning Cup, let the NPL remain the "top league", have an islandwide D1 and D2 that fall under the JFF, then have the parish associations focus on youth football.

The clubs don't make the money to run youth academies.
                          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

There is no reason to scrap the D-CUP or Manning Cup. However, the focus should be removed from it as the way that is going to produce our youth players.

High schools should still be able to have their competition. The US has high school competitions, but the club level is where the real focus is.

Comment

For people who don't know, the elite soccer youth clubs play all year round in US. They train at least 2 times a week and play on weekends. They play major tournaments with more than one teams on a regular basis. Most of these players also play for their schools.

There is no reason to scrap Dcup or manning cup. How else will some of these youth players be discovered? I know many of youths that had talent that never played for a club as they didn't realise until PE, then house and school games.

I don't think it cost that much, for most part the clubs are not really interested in very young players. Clubs like Meadhaven, St.Georges United and Sporting Central has reaped success going that route. Most of these teams are more interested in keeping a old boy click togather rather than making proper management decisions. Seba has pretty much said that was the route they went.

Ther

Comment

Working...
                              X