X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chelsea join race for £28m Robinho

By John Ley

Last Updated: 1:47am BST 24/05/2008

Chelsea are locked in a £28 million battle with AC Milan over the Brazilian forward Robinho.

Come and get me: Robinho's is playing Milan off against Chelsea

The Real Madrid player yesterday said he has a firm offer from Chelsea but has asked his agent to set up a meeting with Milan.

"What could happen is that I could go to Chelsea, as I have an offer from them," the 24-year-old former Santos player said. "Milan are also interested in me. The Milan directors have asked to hold a meeting with [my agent] Wagner."

Robinho's agent claimed he held a meeting with Peter Kenyon, Chelsea's managing director, on Thursday just 24 hours after Chelsea's loss to Manchester United in the Champions League final.

Chelsea's interest in Robinho reinforces the likelihood that Didier Drogba, sent off in Moscow on Wednesday night, is on his way out of Stamford Bridge.

Robinho's agent, Wagner Ribeiro, said: "I met Peter Kenyon in London on Thursday. He told me that Chelsea were considering making an offer of 35 million euros for Robinho."

It had previously been rumoured in the Spanish press that Robinho would be used by Real Madrid in a cash-plus-player deal to try to bring Manchester United's Cristiano Ronaldo to the Santiago Bernabeu but Robinho does not believe this will happen.

"Cristiano Ronaldo is not going to leave Manchester," he said. "He's just won the Champions League and he could be crowned the best in the world."

-------------------------------------------------------
    Watch Jawge become a Chelsea fan now.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

I hope binho is wise here as Chelsea is not
    a free flowing team. Arse would more suit binho's game. I think the Madris exec board has gone crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
      I hope binho is wise here as Chelsea is not
      a free flowing team. Arse would more suit binho's game. I think the Madris exec board has gone crazy.
      Yes Jawge, but as dem seh "is money mek di filly gellup".
      "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

He could help Chelsea for sure. Malouda/Kalou are unable to provide the change of pace and creativity that he offers.

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
          He could help Chelsea for sure. Malouda/Kalou are unable to provide the change of pace and creativity that he offers.
          Would be a stupid move. As it is Chelsea's midfield will have Lampard, Ballack and Claude or Essien or Obi.

Him gonna get stifled if him join the Rent Boys. Better him join Milan.
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

...'gellup'...

have not heard that jamaican term in a long time!!

Thanks Tilla
            The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Fully agree that Arsenal would be the better fit Jawge.
              The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

the Rent Boys - Where tha come from now? I take it that ManUre develop all their talent they do not buy? I guess that is why Tavez still carries his pacifier on the field when he plays.

Talk about haters!

Comment

Anytime HL.

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
                    the Rent Boys - Where tha come from now? I take it that ManUre develop all their talent they do not buy? I guess that is why Tavez still carries his pacifier on the field when he plays.

Talk about haters!
                    Come Tilla, show some respect. You're talking about the EPL CHAMPIONS and the Champions League CHAMPIONS.

The pacifier thingy to a message ... "Taking candy from a baby!"
                    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

call it as mi see it boss

Comment

As it is Chelsea's midfield will have Lampard, Ballack and Claude or Essien or Obi.
                        Lazie, if you did not know, Robinho is listed as a forward. So if Drogba and Sheva should go, there should be a place for Binho.

Comment

Chelsea offer €35 million for RobinhoSpanish daily 'Marca` announces that Chelsea have offered Real Madrid €35 million for Brazilian whiz-kid striker Robinho. Madrid are saying that he`s not for sale.

'Chelsea are prepared to offer up to €35 million for Robinho` declare two radio programmes, one of which is Radio Marca, and this is the story that the paper version of 'Marca` is running with. Apparently Chelsea have made their interest in signing the Brazilian striker this summer known to Madrid.

But Madrid (of course) are stating that Robinho is not for sake and that nobody at Madrid is even thinking of offloading the Brazilian 'even if the offer is enormous`, which is how Chelsea`s offer is described. Hurriedly, Madrid have tabled a contract renewal offer to Robinho, asking him for a very quick reply in order to seal the contract renewal.

And the Madrid coach, Bernd Schuster, went on the radio to deny that Madrid had any intention of selling Robinho (or, for that matter, midfielder Diarra), 'as they are two very important players in are squad. Why should we want to sell them`? said Schuster.

And yesterday morning, when asked about a possible interest from Chelsea, Robinho himself gave the party line: "I want to stay in Madrid, if possible, for another ten years`.

Clearly going into lock-down mode, club President Ramón Calderón declared the player 'untransferable. We are not going to sell Robinho` said Calderón, during Madrid`s title celebrations on Monday.

So that would be that. But, declares 'Marca`, the summer is long, and Robinho will have some time to think whether his status of eternal substitute, is the best way for the player to develop. Should he decide to leave, he has many suitors at the highest level, such as Manchester United and Arsenal.

And Chelsea. In fact, when Robinho was still a prodigy in Brazil, Chelsea were interested in him, all the more so that Madrid`s courtship of the player was long and extraordinarily clumsy. Right now, Robinho constitutes the kind of flair play that Chelsea are supposed to be aiming for. However, there is a down side, and that is Robinho`s lifestyle off the pitch. In a well-publicised criticism, Fabio Capello said last season that there were players who turned up at the training ground smelling of booze. Whilst no names were mentioned, everyone identified Robinho.

Furthermore, Marca declares, another factor is that Robinho could be a critical factor in any negotiations between Madrid and Manchester United for a certain Cristiano Ronaldo.

We really can`t see this one happening. Madrid don`t want to sell, Robinho doesn`t want to leave.

Hell, make it €40 million, I`m sure it will go through.

Comment

quaint isn't it?!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                            X