• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More money woes for the JFF

More money woes for the JFF
    published: Friday | May 23, 2008

Robert Bailey, Freelance Writer

Burrell
    THE JAMAICA Football Federation (JFF) has been ordered by the Central London County Court in England to settle a claim of £10,366.75 to NVA Management.

The England-based company was contracted by the Crenston Boxhill-led administration to provide service during the ill-fated tour of England in May and June 2006.

Captain Horace Burrell, president of the JFF, made the announcement at the COK Champions Cup awards ceremony at the federation's New Kingston office yesterday and said the judgement was handed down on May 1 and the association was ordered to pay it immediately.

"This is going to affect the image of Jamaica and I want the people of this country and sponsors to understand where all of this came from," said Burrell.

The court ruling was made less than a month after the JFF ordered a forensic audit of the 2006 tour.

Squad in training
    Meanwhile, technical director Rene Simoes has name a 29-member training squad for next month's friendly international against St Vincent and the Grenadines and also the World Cup qualifier against Bahamas. The squad: Donovan Ricketts (unattached), Shawn Sawyers (Portmore United), Tyrone Marshall (Toronto FC, Canada), Demar Stewart (Chendu FC, China), Ian Goodison (Tranmere, England), Richard Langley (Luton Town, England), Lee Williamson (Watford, England), Oneil Thompson (Nottonden, Norway), Jamal Campbell-Ryce (Barnsley, England), Omar Daley (Bradford, England), Demar Phillips (Stokes City, England), Jermaine Johnson (Sheffield Wednesday, England), Luton Shelton Sheffield, United, En-gland), Marlon King (Wigan, England), Ricardo Fuller (Stokes City, England), Ricardo Gardner (Bolton Wanderers, England), Obrien Woodbine (Reno) Claude Davis (Derby County, England), Rudolph Austin (Port-more United), Keneil Moodie (Seba), Omar Cummings (Colorado Rapids, U.S.), Andy Williams (Real Salt Lake, U.S.), Adrian Reid (Portmore United), Simon Ford (Kilmarnock, Scotland), Deon Burton (Sheffield Wednesday, England), Dwayne Miller (Harbour View), Evan Taylor (Reno), Jermaine Taylor (Harbour View) and Fabian Taylor (Nottonden, Norway).
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

So I take it the Howard Unicersity player didn't cut the mustard?

Comment

Hmmm! Brainless Boxhill really took us to the football wilderness and stranded us there.

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
        So I take it the Howard Unicersity player didn't cut the mustard?
        Is that the fellow you all claim is a genius of a player?
        Just asking!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
          Is that the fellow you all claim is a genius of a player?
          Just asking!
          Me? No sir. He is full of energy but I see nothing intelligent about his play.

Comment

Working...
          X