RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would J C-Ryce serve us better on the left?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would J C-Ryce serve us better on the left?

I watched Jamal Campbell-Ryce a couple nights ago playing for Barnsley against Cardiff in an FA Cup match, and was pleasantly surprised at the ease with which he handled the players on the left side of midfield.

There's no doubt that JCR has plenty on-the-ball skills going forward as a midfielder. If I may be presumptious enough, I would even opine that there was a hint of the Cristiano-Ronaldo-flair in his game.

The problem I had with him though, was that at times he took too long to release the ball hence resulting in a few bad passes. It would seem that after beating two or three players and making way for a clear pass to one of his forwards, the logical thing to do was to produce that brilliant pass to set up a scoring chance. However, JCR's letdown was the extra cut/bruk causing the opposing defense to get back in position.

That said, I'm sure The Prof could work out these kinks in JCR's game so that he will be more effective in a ReggaeBoyz shirt. And were it not for the prospect of playing Demar Phillips on the left of midfield, I would sure lobby for JCR to be on the left. His versatility however, will keep him in The Prof's plans as there's no doubt he is a very skillful player who can do equally well playing on the right of midfield.
    "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

How Jamal gwine get game after di UB40 invasion ?

Unless yuh mean left off.

Comment

Who says there will be an invasion? Many will be called but few will be chosen! JCR is already among the chosen few. And then again, we're not really that outstanding in the midfield department. In the English leagues there aren't that many midfielders whom we can call upon except for the following:
      Jamal Campbell-Ryce; Damien Francis; Richard Langley; Jermaine Johnson; Jobi McAnuff; Jason Euell; Michah Hyde; Omar Daley; Demar Phillips and possibly Jermaine Pennant.

Are you still sure there will be an invasion?
      "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Yuh nevah si my starting 11...

Nuhbaddy name Jamal pon di field.

Comment

yow ben, is time yuh stop associat JAMAL wid michael manley y'nuh!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Is Jawge tell mi seh JAMAL is Michael Manley claim to fame.

Comment

well den is gospel

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Farmah View Post
                Who says there will be an invasion? Many will be called but few will be chosen! JCR is already among the chosen few. And then again, we're not really that outstanding in the midfield department. In the English leagues there aren't that many midfielders whom we can call upon except for the following:
                Jamal Campbell-Ryce; Damien Francis; Richard Langley; Jermaine Johnson; Jobi McAnuff; Jason Euell; Michah Hyde; Omar Daley; Demar Phillips and possibly Jermaine Pennant.

Are you still sure there will be an invasion?
                Langley injured, McAnuff refuse, Hyde out to pasture...Pennant maybe holding out for England ....might not even be able to qualify. So we have JC, JJ, Damien Francis, Euell, Daley, and Phillips.

Comment

Well Mr Maudib, I guess we will have to wait a while longer for the UB40 invasion. The Prof, at the moment, sees things differently and thinks JCR has what it takes to run the miggle!

I welcome the addition of both Ford and Williamson. These are two players who wanted to be with the ReggaeBoyz. In fact, Ford stated his desire to be a ReggaeBoy from as far back as 2006. I'm also glad to see Langley get the recall as his dream is to suit up for the Boyz at the World Cup.

Welcome back Bomber!! You are the missing piece to our midfield, though I would still like to see Damien Francis and Jermaine Pennant on the field with you.

Comment

Langley was part of Carl Brown's wonder team. So his callup is probably justified.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Suh how Jamal ah get game wid Bomber and Langley in di mix ??

Comment

Originally posted by TheDread View Post
                        Langley injured, McAnuff refuse, Hyde out to pasture...Pennant maybe holding out for England ....might not even be able to qualify. So we have JC, JJ, Damien Francis, Euell, Daley, and Phillips.
                        Me nuh rate Euell. Me think we can do without him.
                        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
                          Suh how Jamal ah get game wid Bomber and Langley in di mix ??
                          langley and Bomber are central mid....JC is a winger.

Comment

Keep hope alive...

Comment

Working...
                            X