RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A change that I hope FIFA will implement.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A change that I hope FIFA will implement.

EXCO adjusts EURO bookings rule

Single yellow cards will be cancelled at the end of the quarter-finals of UEFA EURO 2008™ in Austria and Switzerland, rather than after the group stage. Green light
    The proposal was accepted by UEFA's Executive Committee at its meeting in Moscow on Monday and Tuesday. Consequently, a situation will not arise whereby players receive a second yellow card of the tournament in the semi-finals and are suspended for the final as a result.
    Footballing solution
    UEFA feels it is providing a solution to a football issue that has been under discussion for some time. "I have supported [this] for a number of years and the Executive Committee gave its unanimous approval," said UEFA President Michel Platini. "It's a very good decision for lovers of football and TV spectators, who will be able to see the best players talking part in the final – as long as they are not sent off in the semi-final."

Good news
    The Executive Committee heard in Moscow that after long years of preparation, Austria and Switzerland are ready for UEFA EURO 2008™, taking place between 7 and 29 June. "All the tickets have been sold, all the corporate hospitality has effectively been sold – worldwide revenues from TV broadcasts are 30-40 per cent ahead of where we were in Portugal [in 2004]," said UEFA General Secretary David Taylor. "So as regards the financial consequences, we have a EURO tournament which will not only be a great football success, but also a great financial success."
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

EXCO adjusts EURO bookings rule
    Single yellow cards will be cancelled at the end of the quarter-finals of UEFA EURO 2008™ in Austria and Switzerland, rather than after the group stage. Green light

Dem shudda duh bo-at!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I would like to see the clock stopped and taken out of the refs hands with say two minutes left in a match.

pr
      Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
        I would like to see the clock stopped and taken out of the refs hands with say two minutes left in a match.

pr
        Aaaaah, Pr...Lazie will not like you acknowledging that the refs in a close (as in losing) match favour BoyU? (They play on hoping...and until BoyU equalize! ...then draps 'whistle blow'!)

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Laawd Karl, ah nuh dat mi did mean at all...

so many times and I don care who, especially in the extra time I've seen goalies take up 20+ seconds to retrieve and kick out a ball and the ref don do nutten....not fair to any side that is down a goal and pressing to equalize. Stopping the clock like in the NFL, NHL, NBA could level the "last minutes" playing field.

Anyway, it's not likely to happen but ... maybe one day.

pr
          Peter R

Comment

Working...
          X