No announcement yet.

Sickko sees The Captain's pleas as threats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tripping over yourself when faced with facts and genius. stick to trumpet blowing for Uncle Sam.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Nice reading, thanks sickko.
      Look, are the fans from Kingston any better from those from Trelawny if the only time they watch the boyz is in Kingston?

Blessed

Comment

Who do you know better?
        Am I to undestand if what is being attributed to Burrell is correct then you hold him at fault?
        Look, it is the JOB of the JFF to promote football throughout Ja.
        Burrell has failed twice;not able to ram anywhere other than the office and passing the buck to the fans, an attempt to hide HIS failures. It isn't even a challenge...

Blessed

Comment

Peter R, to be fair to The captain we have to remember (as HL often say) that FOOTBALL IS A BUSINESS. Let's look at sports in the USA for example: If a team/franchise isn't showing the returns at the gate then the league will move it to another city/venue where it is hoped that the fan support will be better. It doesn't matter if the team has a winning record or not, if they cannot emmerge on the positive side of the debit-to-credit ratio then the league will uproot them. In the MLS, the San Jose Earthquakes and the Miami Fusion were liquidated/moved even at a time when they were doing pretty well in the league.

Promoters are NOT lining up to bring soccer games to the Miami/Ft Lauderdale area. Why? Inspite of a demographics which reflect millions of people from the Caribbean and Latin America, it is very hard to get 10,000 people in the stands unless one of the teams is Brazil or Argentina. Even Colombia, Honduras, Haiti, El salvador and Jamaica struggle to bring out the fans for games in the South Florida area.

The bottom line is that promoters are very cagey about bringing games to areas where they cannot break even. Mr Burrell, as president of the JFF, is also the main promoter of ReggaeBoyz games. Hence, he might come off as sounding very probing in his quest to field games outside of The Office. Now, did he threaten the good folks out West as Sickko suggested? I didn't get all of that from what I read. However, it could be so! Read the following article and see if that's the impression you get:
          http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/glean...s/sports4.html
          "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Great response. I read the Gleaner article when it came out as well. I did not get the impression that the Captain was threatening anybody. I am more inclined to believe that he strongly urged fans to come out and support the Boyz. Threatening them would not make any sense. Although it may have been possible that the good Capt went into gangsta mode and said "...unnuh betta come out or else..." and the Gleaner just did not report it. Another possibility is that he made those threats in an exclusive interview with Sickko!

Comment

Thgis article certainly portrays the press conference in a different light. We know Sickko's piece was an opinion piece so I read it as such.

pr
              Peter R

Comment

"Bacchanal" in T&T over stadium Warner threatens no more matches at Hasely Crawford..

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news13.html
                Peter R

Comment

Only HL cyaan undastan dat.

sigh

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Damn badmind is a bitch. It's sort of almshouse behaviour which continues to hold back our race and the region as a whole. The minister is putting his personal vendetta against Warner first at the expense of the citizens of Trinidad and the wider Caribbean. This is a clear "bait-n-switch" to cause Warner embarrassment. Who's to tell, the "real" puppetmaster could be the English FA themselves. We'll wait and see how this saga plays out.
                    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Working...
                    X