RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any feedback on the Rboyz game against best of west?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any feedback on the Rboyz game against best of west?

Mo what's your source saying?

No, no news yet. But I see where they were looking at yet another college player, Andre Mittoo who is at USF in Tampa. All now wi cyaan hear bout di best college player last season.

From thereggaeboyz.com:

Jamaican goalscorer hungers for international success
    By André Lowe

In the very near future the Reggae Boyz’ frontline could well be led by one of the United States’ most promising and sought after talents.

Andre Mittoo, a Hanover-born striker, has been creating a big splash in the Florida State high school championships scoring over 51 goals in two exceptional seasons at the blue-ribbon Plantation American Heritage Institution.

Mittoo migrated to the US at the age of 11 and wasted no time in leaving an indelible impression on witnesses of his abilities. Just over a year after touching down on US soil, Mitto was ‘discovered’ by the coach of a neighbourhood team – West Pines United Football Club – who drafted him into the club’s Under-13 programme.

Several pounds and a few feet later at six feet, one inch, Mitto has matured and developed into a towering, imposing destructor of defences. His combination of power play, technique and skill has catapulted him to the forefront of one of the region’s most celebrated teams and has also afforded him a place in the US youth set-up.

His abilities have also earned him a full scholarship at the University of South Florida (USF), where he will be pursuing a first degree in Marketing.

West Pines coach Tony March detailed the discovery of his present “go to” player.
    “Well I saw Andre while he was playing in a recreational game in the community and he was really very impressive. I invited him to come and play for our Under-13 team,” he stated.
    Since then, Mittoo has helped West Pines age group teams to lift several State, regional and out-of-state championships. He is described as the consummate sportsman and an innate leader and his highly regarded for his mastery of several different positions.

Even though his exploits as a forward is widely heralded, Mittoo is also very competent as a central midfielder or defender.

Today, the 18-year-old is fully focused on achieving his dreams, which among other things include international football.

He is already a part of the United States’ Olympic programme, which acts as a nursery for that country’s senior football teams. Despite the high level of competition for places, Mittoo is confident that he has what it takes to represent his adopted country and carve a name for himself in the international arena.

During a recent interview with the Sunday Herald from his West Pines home, the youngster confidently declared, “definitely (about chances of representing US team). I am looking forward to it. The Under-18 team will be going to Portugal in May and I am hoping to be a part of it.”

Despite his ambitions to sport the red, blue and white colours of the US team, Mittoo is also harbouring thoughts of his homeland and pointed out that he would relish an opportunity to represent the Reggae Boyz.

He lists among his inspirations Brazilians Ronaldinho, Ronaldo and French hitman Thierry Henry.

The youngster is currently rehabilitating from a torn ACL injury, which has kept him out of the game since last November. The setback has robbed him of the chance to do the only thing he loves to do, score goals; but his strength in character becomes evident in the tone of his voice, when he speaks about the horrific experience.

“I think I’m doing good, having been out for four months So I just try to remain focused and not allow it (injury) to get to my head and depress me. I am just working hard to get back to fitness. I’m just eager and ready to start playing again,” he stated.

Mittoo highlighted the important roles his high school programme and club team played to his impressive development and outlined his expectations for the upcoming chapter in his life and career at USF.

“They (coaches) have played a great role in my development. I have learnt a whole lot now. I’m just looking forward to this new challenge (USF). I know the coach there and I saw a couple of their games so I am very impressed with their programme,” he concluded.

Edited by LINCOLN (04/12/07 04:03 PM)

-LINCOLN

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

The Boyz won 2-1. Mittoo was not a part of the line up, I understand.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Thanks

not seeing any separation between the training squad and the rest of their local opponents. Would like to see them winning these games more comfortably.

Comment

True, I would like to see more convincing victories myself.

Marcelino Blackburn and Woolery Wolfe scored for the Boyz.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

i think craig zaidie played for plantation too as did mark chung...they have a nice programme there.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
            X