X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bibi stays, well maybe

Campo goes as Bolton release trio

Campo has scored 13 goals for Bolton

Bolton have released Ivan Campo, Stelios Giannakopoulos and Andranik Teymourian but hope to persuade keeper Jussi Jaaskelainen to stay at the club.
    Jaaskelainen and defender Ricardo Gardner's contracts expire at the end of June but boss Gary Megson is hopeful of extending their stay at the Reebok.
    "Jussi and Ricardo have been excellent servants and are still very much part of my future plans," said Megson.
    "Hopefully, we can get them secured on new deals as soon as possible."
    The midfield trio have all been released as Bolton prepare for next season's Premier League campaign after escaping relegation by a single point.
    "Ivan, Stelios and Andranik have all done well for Bolton and I'd like to express my gratitude to them," Megson added on the club's website.
    606: DEBATE

Getting rid of Andranik? I just don't understand it at all

RB

"It's time for them to move on and I wish them all the best."
    After a successful loan period, Spaniard Campo, 34, joined Bolton from Real Madrid in 2003, the same year Greek star Stelios arrived at the club.
    Iranian international Andranik joined Bolton after impressing during the 2006 World Cup but has only made nine appearances this season. Keeper Jaaskelainen missed the latter half of Bolton's season after he injured his back while warming up for Bolton's Uefa Cup tie against Sporting Lisbon on 6 March. Long-serving Jamaican Gardner completed his ninth campaign with Bolton at the end of the season.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Bibi is a British citizen so there will not be any work permit problems.
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

I know but is no secret that Wigan want to sign him. So he may have choices but having played for Bolton for nine years he may want to stick out the 10th.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Yeah, he should stay with Bolton. There is a small likkle ting called loyalty, and he is well liked by the fans.
        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

At this stage of his career, he should go wherever pays him the most money. His last chance for a huge contract.

Comment

I think he stands a better chance getting a "huge" salary at Bolton. Can't see another club giving him a huge salary at this stage of his career. He didn't exactly set the place alight last season.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Can Bibi run for Member of Parliament ?

Comment

Is Britain a member of the Commonwealth?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

There are British citizens in parliament and no one has challenged their status.

Comment

What does the law say about that?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

The law sometimes is an a$$, or at best inconsistent.

pr
                      Peter R

Comment

He needs to find himself at a truly big club & gain himself some medals/ silverware......being a squad member ain't no crime.
                        “I am not a politician..I only suffer the consequences”.......Peter Tosh

Comment

which big club a look a talented but injury prone left back who is about 30?

Comment

Hmm seems like a nonsensical law then.

What is the difference between 'commonwealth countries' and other countries ????

Wi need VISA to guh to Hingland ??

Comment

I guess our framers are not as smart as you thought..

LOL !

Comment

Working...
                              X