Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Messi better than Ronaldo ?

Messi and Ronaldo went head-to-head in the Champions League
    Chelsea's Joe Cole says Barcelona's Lionel Messi is ahead of Manchester United star Cristiano Ronaldo as the best player in the world.

Cole said Messi's form in Barca's Champions League semi-final defeat by United settled the debate.

"Ronaldo's been fantastic but in the semi-final Messi showed he's the top man," said Cole, who will face Ronaldo in next week's Champions League final.

"He is only 20 as well, imagine how good he will be in the next 10 years."

Messi has been linked with a £80m move to Chelsea, and Cole admitted he would be delighted if the speculation proved to be true.

"If we could sign him, I'd love to play alongside him," he added.

Cole's comments will help to crank up the atmosphere ahead of Wednesday's final between United and Chelsea in Moscow.

The 23-year-old's 31 league goals were instrumental in United's Premier League title success, and he was named both the Football Writers' Association footballer of the year and PFA player of the year for two years in a row.

But the Portugal winger has been accused of sometimes failing to sparkle on the big stage and many believed he was outshone by Messi over both legs of the Champions League semis.

Chelsea finished two points behind Sir Alex Ferguson's men in the league but Cole's team-mate Florent Malouda believes losing out to United for the title will have little bearing on Wednesday night's result.

"We have the players to overcome the Premier League disappointment. We have the potential to win, we are optimistic for the final," said the Frenchman.

"What makes the difference is to concentrate, to give the best we can for this match.

"I think they [United] deserved to be in the final, they deserved to win the Premier League but for this match we have more things to say."

Meanwhile, Chelsea striker Salomon Kalou has urged Didier Drogba to stay at Stamford Bridge.

The Ivory Coast international has been linked with a summer move to AC Milan, but compatriot Kalou said: "I enjoy playing alongside him and I have learned a lot with Didier.

"We will support him whatever his decision is. We don't really talk about contract things but I would love him to stay. He will make the decision but I hope he will stay with us.

"He is one of the best strikers in the world. There is Cristiano Ronaldo and Fernando Torres but he has shown he is one of the best in the last couple of years."
    Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Is there any doubt that Messi and Kaka are better than Ronaldo? This is not worth discussing.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Cole better be careful what him wish for. If MEssi stupid enough fi join the talent killers Chelsea ... Joe Cole would be out of the squad.

Ronaldo has won something last season and this season .... what Messi win?
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
        Is there any doubt that Messi and Kaka are better than Ronaldo? This is not worth discussing.
        Not this season. Give unto Caesar! Ronaldo has been amazing this season. Top scorer in his league, top scorer in the CL todate?
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
          Cole better be careful what him wish for. If MEssi stupid enough fi join the talent killers Chelsea ... Joe Cole would be out of the squad.

Ronaldo has won something last season and this season .... what Messi win?
          ACCOLADES !!!
          Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

Two different playahs, Messi di more creative ah di two. Ronaldo di pure strikah ah di two. Both will destroy any team given di slighest chance. One a pure strikah an di odah a midfiel general. Ronaldo deserb all di praise kah him prove it widout doubt

Comment

Originally posted by myYout View Post
              Ronaldo deserb all di praise kah him prove it widout doubt

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Ronaldo is also very good at helping in defence... If only he wouldn't go to ground so easily.

Messi still improving...Ronaldo is at the top of of his game. (Hope he can maintain) I don't expect to see the same high number of goals next year.

pr
                Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
                  Ronaldo is also very good at helping in defence... If only he wouldn't go to ground so easily.

Messi still improving...Ronaldo is at the top of of his game. (Hope he can maintain) I don't expect to see the same high number of goals next year.

pr
                  Well, at the beginning of this season Drogba said not to expect him to repeat scoring 23 goals ... he scored 31 EPL goals.

Lets hope based on your prediction he continues to defy the odds.

Comment

All I'm saying is 40 + is a large number of goals... good for him if he can surpass that.

pr
                    Peter R

Comment

Better at what? Free Kick, Shot taking, Heading,Speed,
                      Messi is just good enough to get the benefit of our doubts, he is like a young Ronaldo wabbling into Man U starting team for the first, it was clear then he had potentials.Ronaldo has arrived.

Blessed

Comment

Working...
                      X