I wonder how deep Bora's rolodex is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder how deep Bora's rolodex is

Given his vast experience and the many teams he has worked with, hopefully he can make some calls and ensure we have lots of friendly games during the FIFA dates....
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

RE: I wonder how deep Bora's rolodex is

Bora says that Jamaica will play most of its games away. Wi cuss when Boxhill do that, so let's see what RF and dem say now!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Games? Away home or even parish games.

Bring it on to rhatid.

How we can play much better cause nuh matter how big the roladex isif we nuh compete it nuh mek nuh sense.

a time we start drap some a dem 6-0
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

"Bora admitted that overseas based players were the way to go for the future."

Comment

I think that's an unfortunate statement. Seems to me that Bora does not have time to look at any local player with a view to recognize quality and the possibility of inclusion in the national program. So good players like Oneil Thompson and Demar Phillips might get screwed.

That was the fear of many in getting Bora, that local development will get shafted. I hope that is not the case.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mosiah (10/14/2006)Bora says that Jamaica will play most of its games away. Wi cuss when Boxhill do that, so let's see what RF and dem say now!
            Boxhill get cuss because we weren;t playing any matches unless some independent promoter called us. We lucky we even had matches.

Comment

Sickko (10/14/2006)Given his vast experience and the many teams he has worked with, hopefully he can make some calls and ensure we have lots of friendly games during the FIFA dates....
              Shouldnt that be more a function of the JFF president though? I mean, are we going to rely solely on Bora's Rolodex to get us international games?
              President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

Does it matter how we get them?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I love what Bora first thought was to relie on the forieng players the forieng born Jamaica bringe to the game a aire of proffessional to the game while the Jamaica Born forieng bringe compettive while the Jamaica player in the npl bringe aggressive and compettiveness for a place on the team whit all three competting willimprove the standar of play white each frendlie you get five to six sub this is where you make use of the sub to get the require cap to get contract in euroup and Jamaica will continue to perform at good stander

Comment

Mosiah (10/15/2006)Does it matter how we get them?
                    It doesnt matter....but if we are going to rely on on Bora's Rolodex to get us international games, we are in serious trouble.
                    President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

I don't see where it was suggested that Bora's rolodex is the only way for that to happen.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Negro please!

Mosiah the fact is that the local players if they are as good as you say should be overseas playing ball. Bora is finally bringing a professional outlook. The players who play overseas are there for a reason. They have proven themselves. If an NPL player wants to prove themselves they need to leave the island and get out and show it week in and week out in a professional environment.Our football is on life support and we don't have anymore time to entertain this local balla fantasy some of unno running.

Only in Jamaica could someone look at the state of football on the island and complain when a coach says that the emphasis will be on the overseas pros. Well duh!

We are not going anywhere without the majority if not all the team being from overseas. Time for us to stop the foolishness about the local players. If they are that good they will find their way overseas.

This is not 1998. Our player resources are much greater and competition for spots are much more intense today than it ever was back in that time. Downswell did a good job of building the current player pool and getting the players overseas. To be honest if people are fair he did the rebuilding that will now allow Bora to focus on playing for results.

There comes apoint where you have take your player poolout of the garageand on the openroad and drive them to their limit and see where they take you.

If there is a local player that deserves a look they will get it but you cannot expect a coach on the level of Bora to come in and want to babysit a national team full of NPL players. The man is here to win not pet nor powder. Bring in the overseas pros yes! - T.K.
                        No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

Mosiah (10/15/2006)I don't see where it was suggested that Bora's rolodex is the only way for that to happen.
                          I didnt see that either Mosiah. My point is Bora might be good to get us a couple of games....but the JFF must do better than they have in the past, to secure us friendly games...I mean, how many international games have we played in the past two years?

Comment

Working...
                          X