JFF Press Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JFF Press Release

Further to earlier release and following the quarterly Board of Directors meeting of the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) held on Tuesday, 6 May, 2008, kindly be advised of the under-mentioned:

Technical Staff:

In order to facilitate the full concentration of Technical Director, Rene Simoes and his Assistant Coach Alfredo Montesso towards the National Senior Team World Cup qualification programme, the JFF Board approved the appointment of Brazilian Prof. Walter Gama as Assistant Technical Director with specific responsibility for the youth teams and women’s programme. The Board also terminated the contract of trainer Alexander Montiero as a means of containing cost in regards to the above.

International Friendly Games:

As part of the preparation of the national Team for the World Cup qualification games versus Bahamas, the JFF has organized the following games:

1. St. Vincent & Grenadines on 3rd June in Kingston, Jamaica
    2. Trinidad & Tobago on 7th June in Port of Spain, Trinidad
    3. Grenada on 10th June in St. Georges, Grenada

FIFA Goal Project:

The JFF received formal approval from the FIFA to proceed with the sale of the Malvern, St. Elizabeth Training Centre. The receipts from this sale, as a stipulation, must be re-invested in the construction of a FIFA Goal Project to be approved by that body. The JFF is also required to submit to FIFA for its approval, the process for disposal of the site.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

I think that these friendlies are perfect for the Boyz, both in terms of timing and quality. Firstly, the timing is right for our Hinglish boyz because their season will be over. It will the Rene a chance to work with them as a group before Qualifications start. He will also get a chance to weed out those who will see the camps as a free vacation.

Secondly, the level of opposition is not too strong. Jamaica, as a stronger team will get a chance to work on tactics set forth by the coach. I believe that if you are a stronger team, you should be dropping 5 & 6 loves on the weaker teams. It also gives our boyz to build up their confidence gradually. My two cents.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

One way to spin it.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

you think when England play we a tru we did good?
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
          you think when England play we a tru we did good?
          So you agree with me?
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

100%
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

No sah. Dem wanted target practise and saw us as similar level and style to T&T.
              "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Suh in hindsight,it helped England?
                Disagree,we need to expose whatever flaws so we may start working on them from now.
                Steak fi Simoes and Chicken back fi every coach b4.......

Blessed

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                  [FONT=Times New Roman]
                  1. St. Vincent & Grenadines on 3rd June in Kingston, Jamaica

3. Grenada on 10th June in St. Georges, Grenada
                  Lord have mercy. What a waste of time

Comment

thought we changed course, huh?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                      thought we changed course, huh?

...at least we are playing matches!
                      I will have to agree that this is a *good move by the JFF as it clearly relates to the inherited postion in which the senior team found itself on Burrell's return.

FIFA bottom of the barrel rankings condemned us to this! I think one Mr. Boxhill worked very hard to sink us to this low?!

*Perhaps some persons think it would have been better for, on not having more worthy opponents, the JFF to just sit on hands?

I disagree with any such thought process!
                      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

"Steak fi Simoes and Chicken back fi every coach b4......."

If you grow fowl how you a go eat steak? Yuh nuh have fi grow cow?

If you nuh see the difference between Simoes and every other coach then mi can't help you.

Comment

Another good spin! Hey, keep 'em coming!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

It is a well-known fact that the Jamaican public is one of the hardest to please. Bochill and his cronies sat on their arses and then talk bout rankings nuh mean nothing. Me know seh if Tall P see Boxhill right now him woulda shet him one box!!! Now Burrell (who me neva did like) get us bout half dozen games inna one month and we still a bawl. People we need to be realistic as fans with our expectations. The coach needs to spend some time with the players. He needs to get to know them individually while at the same time imparting his beliefs, philosophy and strategy to them. He will have a large group of "foreigners" who can't make their countries of birth team and who see us as a way to promote themselves. He will weed them out. These "foreigners" need to learn the "boom" in our anthem. He basically has no time left before qualifications start. These "likkle" matches are critical for more reasons than one. It will also give players like Demar Phillips to increase their percentage of representation on the national side to enhance their marketability. People, people just look at the bigger picha nuh? Burrell a kill nuff birds wid one stone.

Comment

and the beat goes on...

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X