Bora will resign before long....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bora will resign before long....

Kindly put me on record for the above statement.

Will get into the ramifications later.

Big shout out to a man call Tilla 'T'. Assasin 'ole tite; T.K...gwane rule; Lazie...voice of reason (excluding Jamaican politics), Scaly...closer to the galas..you can't run. Mosiah...:hehe:;

Look, no more name nuh haffy call cause nuff respect due to all.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

RE: Bora will resign before long....

Bora threw in the towel in Honduras after he complained that "the atmosphere in Honduras was not conducive to building a solid team; lacking, in his opinion, the necessary support needed to secure one of the region's slots for Germany 2006." - according to FIFA.com.

Bora Milutinovic parts company with Honduras

1 July 2004

by AFP

Serbian Belivor 'Bora' Milutinovic resigned as coach of the Honduran national side on Wednesday. The announcement was made by the President of Fedefut, Rafael Callejas. The decision comes only weeks after Honduras qualified for the third round of CONCACAF qualifiers - scheduled to begin on 18 August - for the 2006 FIFA World Cup Germany™.

Callejas released a statement by Bora explaining his decision: "After careful consideration, I have concluded that the best course of action, for the team, and for me in particular, is to step aside and make way for a new coach to be appointed by the Federation."

"The prevailing atmosphere, created by comments made by the country's managers, officials and press, have made it impossible for me to carry out my work here," the statement went on to say.

Callejas said: "Bora's resignation is a serious blow for Honduran football, but given the Federation's stated objective of leading the team to Germany 2006, we have no choice but to continue fighting and do everything in our power to get there."

Honduras qualified for the group stages of the region's qualifiers for Germany 2006 after their 4-0 second-leg win over the Netherlands Antilles on 18 June. The side had narrowly won the away leg 2-1 in the Antilles the week before.

The Hondurans Raúl Martínez Sambulá and Juan Carlos Espinoza will take over the coaching duties for the time being.

Callejas also stated that it was "essential to recognise the complicated situation that the resignation has led to, in terms of the management of the team."

"We'll keep going with optimism and faith and we'll take the appropriate measures (...). I would say to the fans, "we can still do it (qualify for Germany 2006), we have what it takes. Let's forget about our detractors who are not behind us and only get in our way. Let's build our own future," the President said.

Callejas announced that the Catrachos would be convening on 20 July for a series of preparation games against El Salvador, Cuba and Panama, before their FIFA World Cup™ qualifier against Costa Rica on 18 August.

Unconfirmed reports had been ariving since last Sunday that Milutinovic - who is currently in Mexico - had resigned, allegedly because he felt the conditions under which he could work in Honduras, were no longer there.

Milutinovic had complained that the atmosphere in Honduras was not conducive to building a solid team; lacking, in his opinion, the necessary support needed to secure one of the region's slots for Germany 2006.

The Serbian-born coach claimed that he was treated almost as a "delinquent" in Honduras by virtue of the salary he earned and because the team managed just one win in their last nine friendlies.

Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Bora has shown some wits by not accepting the technical staff that the JFF wanted to thruston him by declaring he will chooose his time in his search for local assistance with coaching responsibilities , then get overseas help if required in that department, might have been something he learned from his experience in honduras .

BTW what happened to youth development?

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><SPAN class=TopStory>Bora deal near</SPAN>
      <SPAN class=Subheadline>Davies commits US$500,000 towards coach's salary</SPAN></TD></TR><TR><TD>BY IAN BURNETT Sports Editor
      Saturday, October 14, 2006
      </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
      <P class=StoryText align=justify>Finance Minister Dr Omar Davies yesterday brought Serbian football coach Velibor 'Bora' Milutinovic closer to inking a deal with the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) as the nation's next technical director, after the Government committed US$500,000 per year for the next four years towards his salary.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Dr Davies made the disclosure at a well-attended business luncheon, hosted by the Gleaner Company.
      According to the finance minister, the financial commitment will be shared by the Government and a private sector company, which he did not identify.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width=330 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD><SPAN class=Description>Serbian football coach Velibor 'Bora' Milutinovic (left) is about to get into a car at the Jamaica Pegasus Hotel in Kingston yesterday. Assisting him is JFF president Crenston Boxhill. (Photo: Naphtali Junior) </SPAN></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><P class=StoryText align=justify>The 62-year-old Milutinovic, the only man to have coached five different teams at the World Cup Finals - Mexico (1986), Costa Rica (1990), the United States (1994), Nigeria (1998), and China (2002) - is in the island on a five-day "familiarisation trip", following a two-day meeting with JFF president Crenston Boxhill in Mexico last week.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Milutinovic is yet to sign a contract, but following the outpouring of support at yesterday's luncheon, it appears only a matter of time.
      "His is a familiarisation visit to continue the discussion that we have started, and hopefully to finalise these discussions in the very near future," an upbeat Boxhill told Sporting World yesterday.<P class=StoryText align=justify>He added that a part of the coach's visit, was to "meet with the various stakeholders. We did that today and it was a well-attended meeting with a wide cross-section of the private sector and it was well received".<P class=StoryText align=justify>The JFF boss was not prepared to divulge any information regarding the coach's salary, but a Sporting World source said that it "appears to be around the US$1 million" mark.<P class=StoryText align=justify>However, Boxhill did admit that a number of companies had shown an interest in supporting the bid to sign Milutinovic, "especially after he addressed the luncheon for about 15 minutes".
      Some of the companies reported to have been at the meeting are Wray &amp; Nephew, TankWeld, and Digicel.
      Meanwhile, speaking with Sporting World as he toured the JFF headquarters yesterday, Bora admitted that he had all but signed the contract.<P class=StoryText align=justify>The man who is also the first coach to take four different teams beyond the first round of the World Cup Finals (all the above except China), was confident he would be the next technical director of Jamaica's football and he was looking forward to the job.<P class=StoryText align=justify>"A chance to go in Africa is exciting. I think Jamaica have a good chance to go as CONCACAF has four spots... 10 countries competing for three-and-a-half spots. It is possible t
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

X (10/14/2006)Bora has shown some wits by not accepting the technical staff that the JFF wanted to thruston him by declaring he will chooose his time in his search for local assistance with coaching responsibilities , then get overseas help if required in that department, might have been something he learned from his experience in honduras .

Where does the article suggest that the JFF wanted to "thrust on him" their technical staff? I might have missed it.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

plans are on the way. Will talk to you "shortly"
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Its a long time since i made a post.

I will be surprised if he is not successful because Ithink there will be very little that will be strange to him.

When he went to Costa Rica he went to look at teams and asked not to be told who were the star players.

OS Snr.

Comment

Welcome back OSSr. Long time nuh si!

I was not on too keen on Bora coaching the Boyz, but I have been thinking over it for the past few days. I still have my reservations, but I would not be opposed to him taking over the program. Bora is very familiar with the game in CONCACAF, so he has a head start above any of the other candidates. I also like his stance that he would want to access the availability of coaching talent here before deciding if he should bring in his own. Another plus for Bora is his fluency with the english language. This should make communicating with players and staff easier than if he did not know the language.

It would be interesting if he decides to sign with the JFF.
              "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

HL!!!!!!! How is everything sir? Hope all is well. So when are you going to renounce the Dead Bulls and sign up for your Silverbacks season tickets? - T.K.
                No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

What is not been said is that Bora was owed about five months salary by the Honduran FA. How many coaches of his staure would even go three months without pay?

How many of you here would go that long without pay?
                  Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                  Che Guevara.

Comment

Sickko (10/16/2006)What is not been said is that Bora was owed about five months salary by the Honduran FA. How many coaches of his staure would even go three months without pay?

How many of you here would go that long without pay?
                    A ope unnuh nat planning fi nuh pay di man?
                    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                    X