X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X him reach the 20 million mark?

Villa reveal Liverpool Barry bid

Gareth Barry has spent 10 years on the Aston Villa playing staff

Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill has revealed Liverpool have made an offer for England midfielder Gareth Barry.
    But O'Neill angrily denied Liverpool had offered to pay £10m for the player.
    He told the club's website: "Liverpool haven't made a straight cash offer. They've made an offer involving a mish-mash of nameless player exchanges.
    "I'm particularly disappointed to hear that business is being conducted in public. We're trying to build a side here and we're not a feeder club."
    There has been speculation for the past fortnight that 27-year-old Barry has emerged as one of Rafael Benitez's major summer transfer targets.
    Barry, the Aston Villa captain, has two years to run of his current contract.
    But Benitez wants him to form a partnership with his England colleague and close friend Steven Gerrard.
    606: DEBATE

If Barry leaves, must we assume that his decision is based on the fact he doesn't think O'Neill's transfer targets are good enough?

POB

Barry, who celebrates the 10th anniversary of making his Villa debut next week, has made no secret of his desire to play Champions League football.
    He earns about £40,000 a week at Villa and could come close to doubling that if he moved to Anfield or Chelsea, who have also been linked with the player.
    The former Brighton trainee has already expressed a desire to hold talks with O'Neill to assess what his transfer plans are for the 2008-2009 campaign.
    O'Neill pulled off a masterstroke in persuading Barry to sign a new four-year deal when he took charge of Villa in the summer of 2006. And the Villa Park boss said on Friday: "From my experience of working with him, Gareth is not someone who would be wanting to break contracts lightly. "A couple of weeks ago Gareth said he would prefer to wait until the end of the season before we start discussing things and I think that would be the right thing to do."
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Liverpool will make him into a 20 million dollar player.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Working...
    X