Coca Cola National Under 21 League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coca Cola National Under 21 League

The 2007-2008 Season for the Coca Cola National Under 21 League comes to an end today, Friday, May 2 with the playing of six matches. With Harbour View Football Club already declared winners of the League, the Champions would want to go out on a high at the double header at the Compound after a surprise 3/1 loss to Tivoli Gardens FC last week.

Noting that this has been the most successful season for the Under 21 League ever, General Secretary of the Jamaica Football Federation has expressed thanks to Coca Cola for agreeing to being title sponsor of the League.

The sponsorship by Coca Cola was at a value of Twenty Three Million, One Hundred Thousand ($23,100,000.00) for the first year of sponsorship with the option to renew at for an additional two years. Prize and Incentive Monies for the Coca Cola National Under 21 League total One Million Dollars ($1,000,000.00).

BLACK LIVES MATTER

do you think it is time to involve confed teams as well?
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I don't think the U-21 league can continue in the same format. Right now, the NPL teams play the U-21 league. What happens if August Town is relegated from the NPL and its U-21 team wins its league? Bad example -it looks like August Town will finish last in both leagues!

But you get my point, right?

So, I don't know if confed teams is the way to go. Look at a Meadhaven, they usually have good youth teams. Maybe they should be in it. They have to work out this one.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I guess your concern is the same as mine. Opening up the league to more of our top youth players instead of just for the NPL teams.

I hope they can find a solution for that.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
        X