Karl I Got Some Freeze Frames Of The Chelsea Pool Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DweetSweet View Post
    Until TV come up with and use technology that provides the same view on screen that is seen by a referee or assistant-referee, "slo-mo'd" and freeze frame video analysis of referee decisions are by definition redundant. Maybe TV people should attach mini-mobile video cameras to the nose-bridge of referees and ARs and broadcast that to us armchair pundits and game officials so that we can make truly informed opinions. Only that sort of view can allow us to form any credible opinion on what the referee actually saw and when.

How many of you referee critics have ever refereed a professional game? Referees are human, and susceptible to mistakes. Either use more video technology, or shut up and allow game officials to make mistakes now and then.

You know, I am getting older and wiser...having played for many, many years I am now actually defending referees. Look what mi come to lawd...
    This is a great post! ...excellent reasoning.

You actually mentioned along with errors eyes make...a key statement on position from which the 'incident' was viewed...or in some cases when the ref's vision was actually blocked by intervening players, not seen! It has always been, even as we refs claim 'we must best position to see and teach to recruits that 'they must see', wonder how it is that so many normally sensible persons fail...consistently fail to take into consideration 'human failures' and 'physical impossibility' to always in 'best position to see' in these increasingly fast paced game situations.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
    X