Karl I Got Some Freeze Frames Of The Chelsea Pool Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karl I Got Some Freeze Frames Of The Chelsea Pool Game

First picture is of DROGBA's second goal and is freeze framed at the instant the ball was played to Anelka. I have circled both Anelka and the pool defender at the instant the ball was played. Anelka is on the lower portion of the picture:

Second picture is of the ESSIEN goal that was disallowed. I have freeze framed it at the instance that ESSIEN took the shot. Look at the goalkeeper and the player in front of him:

Point made BT. Bwoy, I tell yuh about technology!
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Karl stop ignoring the thread.

Comment

Well, image #2 proved that Essien's goal should be disallowed. What is the dispute with Drogba's second goal? The one that should be disputed is Drogba's first goal.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

1. Cannot see when ball was played! I'll look at the match again.

2. Drogba does not appear to 'unsight' the 'keeper or to be interfering with either of 'keeper or play. "Keeper has clear view of Essien and ball and if I remember correctly the ball flew into the top right of the 'keeper's goal.

I would have awarded a GOAL! To be fair to the assistant referee based on his viewing angle he may have thought that the ball passed pretty near to Drogber. It appeared to me it never did! In any case the ref would be better placed to judge 'interference.
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

It was close really hard to tell:

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
              1. Cannot see when ball was played! I'll look at the match again.
              Take my word for it I paused the footage as the ball was played.

Originally posted by Karl View Post
              2. Drogba does not appear to 'unsight' the 'keeper or to be interfering with either of 'keeper or play. "Keeper has clear view of Essien and ball and if I remember correctly the ball flew into the top right of the 'keeper's goal.

I would have awarded a GOAL! To be fair to the assistant referee based on his viewing angle he may have thought that the ball passed pretty near to Drogber. It appeared to me it never did! In any case the ref would be better placed to judge 'interference.
              Doesn't matter how close or how far the ball came to Drogbier or which side of the goal the ball ended up in. Drogba at the time the ball was played was between the goalkeeper and Essien. The keeper may have been able to see Essien but he sure as hell would have had a tough time seeing the ball on his right foot with Drogbier in the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                It was close really hard to tell:

When I ran the line I used the markings on the field to help...while trying to see a pass such as this through the 'wide view'/'corner of the eye'. It was too often difficult to 'see' the exact moment the ball was passed and exact positions of attacker(s) & defender(s) in such fast and close interplays.

As Linesman you needed help of marks on the field...markings on the advertising boards and other permanent stuff. As you patroled the line you - after years of practise - instintively recognised fixed 'things' and used them as 'markers' during games to aid you in making judgements on "offside/not offside".
                Last edited by Karl; May 2, 2008, 11:05 AM.
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

First picture is of DROGBA's second goal and is freeze framed at the instant the ball was played to Anelka. I have circled both Anelka and the pool defender at the instant the ball was played. Anelka is on the lower portion of the picture:

Second picture is of the ESSIEN goal that was disallowed. I have freeze framed it at the instance that ESSIEN took the shot. Look at the goalkeeper and the player in front of him:

Great work!
                  Thanks, boss!
                  Members of the Massive like you...who do such good work/posts why I love this forum!

Comment

Pops is this russian or italian , only abramovich or the italian ref can understand this giberish .
                    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

bwoy....how unnuh evva manage to understan him when unnuh was growing up?!! ....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                        The one that should be disputed is Drogba's first goal.
                        Why?

Comment

OK - going with your assurances that this was at the instant the ball was played to Anelka - ...then Anelka is on-side in this frame.

If you look at the grass "cut marks" you will see Anelka inside the "cut marks" and the last Liverpool defender save the Liverpool goalkeeper at the end of the "cut marks" nearest his goal.

Comment

Until TV come up with and use technology that provides the same view on screen that is seen by a referee or assistant-referee, "slo-mo'd" and freeze frame video analysis of referee decisions are by definition redundant. Maybe TV people should attach mini-mobile video cameras to the nose-bridge of referees and ARs and broadcast that to us armchair pundits and game officials so that we can make truly informed opinions. Only that sort of view can allow us to form any credible opinion on what the referee actually saw and when.

How many of you referee critics have ever refereed a professional game? Referees are human, and susceptible to mistakes. Either use more video technology, or shut up and allow game officials to make mistakes now and then.

You know, I am getting older and wiser...having played for many, many years I am now actually defending referees. Look what mi come to lawd...

Comment

Are you talking to me? Cause I haven't pointed out any error from a referee in my post.

Comment

Working...
                              X