RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scratched record alert - Liverpool midfielder insists ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scratched record alert - Liverpool midfielder insists ..

Scratched record alert - Liverpool midfielder insists that they can challenge for title next season

May 1, 2008

I thought this was the season that Liverpool finally cast off their bridesmaid’s dress and went head-to-head with the Chelseas and Manchester United’s of this world for the Premier League title. Did I get that wrong? After all, early victories against the Premier League giants that are Aston Villa, Derby and Sunderland saw the likes of Alan Shearer declare that the Reds would go close this year and I don’t think he was talking about fourth place!
    Pool fans might argue that with their team only eleven points off the Premier League, they have closed the gap between them and the other members of the ‘Big Four’. Others would argue that the Merseyside club continue to lack the consistency over the course of a season, despite lavish signings in the summer. Javier Mascherano is ever the optimist however, with the Daily Mail reporting that he’s optimistic ahead of next season.
    “The last two months were very good for Liverpool in the Premier and Champions League but we need to repeat this from the beginning of next season.
    “We are a young team but have experienced players as well and we showed our character against Chelsea. We played at the same level as Chelsea. We need to improve and keep playing this way. We have shown we have the quality to win titles.”
    Yes yes young Javier, it’s all very well playing decent football when the pressure is off and you can express yourself out on the pitch. What will Liverpool be like once they’re actually in the heat of a title race, especially as they consistently fail to beat Chelsea and Manchester United every season? The jury is out on the scousers and fourth place looks like their customary spot for the time being.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)
Working...
X