Blues vs 'Pool: Just finished watching "the match"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blues vs 'Pool: Just finished watching "the match"

Blues deserved to win...and perhaps the score should have been at least Blues by one more goal.

Why did Essien's goal not stand?
    He was not in an offside position! Did not recieve the ball from a player in an offside position. Struck the ball cleanly from outside of the penalty-area and although Chelsea had 4 players nearer to the 'Pool goal and not two defenders nearer than they were....had not a thing to do with the ball flying into the 'Pool net. ...neither did a Chelsea player or one of the 4 mentioned in the previous sentence interfare with play or opponent.

Looked like legitimate goal to me!

Was good game. Was so fast that watching it got me tired!
    Chelsea was better TEAM on the day! Drogba is a beast!

Aside: Can BoyU 'hold' Drogba?
    Doubt it!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Originally posted by Karl View Post
    Blues deserved to win...and perhaps the score should have been at least Blues by one more goal.

He was not in an offside position! Did not recieve the ball from a player in an offside position. Struck the ball cleanly from outside of the penalty-area and although Chelsea had 4 players nearer to the 'Pool goal and not two defenders nearer than they were....had not a thing to do with the ball flying into the 'Pool net. ...neither did a Chelsea player or one of the 4 mentioned in the previous sentence interfare with play or opponent.

Looked like legitimate goal to me!

Was good game. Was so fast that watching it got me tired!
    Chelsea was better TEAM on the day! Drogba is a beast!

Aside: Can BoyU 'hold' Drogba?
    Doubt it!
    Ignoring the holding Drogba argument ... what a lucky thing you're not a ref.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
      Come on Karl Drogba was standing up in front of the keeper in an offside position. Yes we know the keeper wouldn't have reached the ball anyway but Drogba was rightly judged to be impeding the keepers sight of the ball.

Comment

I will watch it later and corroborate. If I can!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Karl,

Are you serious about that offsde opinion... about four blues-man was in the six-yd. box. I don't think the ref had a choice.

pr
          Peter R

Comment

But that really doesn't matter cause none of them were involved in the play except for Drogba who was standing in front of the keeper.

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
              But that really doesn't matter cause none of them were involved in the play except for Drogba who was standing in front of the keeper.
              Mi seh in my opinion "not one of the players was interfering". That means in my opinion Drogba was not interfering - either by blocking line of sight of the keeper or doing any other thing!

Read what I wrote...please? You, I see disagree...but that is how I saw it. A nuh nutten! Nuh dat mek wi ave offside dispute a match?
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Again, I haven't seen it yet, but Karl, you don't have a stellar record when it comes to interpreting the rules. I can bet you are wrong on this one.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I figured keeping the ace striker to his left, his only weakness(from before he latches onto the ball)will help, that coupled with Rio will bw waiting there...
                  Did you notice Chelsea's players have to take more than two touches at a time?
                  Who is going to stop Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez, Nani dem?
                  Man U made it possible for an all Eng. final regarding the CL, we deserve more respect.

Blessed

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                    Again, I haven't seen it yet, but Karl, you don't have a stellar record when it comes to interpreting the rules. I can bet you are wrong on this one.
                    This one is not interpretation - I saw what I saw. There were 4 Chelsea players in an offside position...but my opinion is no Chelsea player was interfering with play or an opponent!

It was the linesman's (assistant referee's position - im put hup im flag) that there was an offside. The ref went with his assistant! I would have also gone with my assistant if I were the ref...but if I were the assistant ref (linesman) I would not have flagged.

Comment

PeterR, you need to check th erules again. Being in the 6 yard box does not make a player offside. The new rule says the player has to be involved in the play.
                      "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Who is going to stop Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez, Nani dem?
                        Who stop them Sattiday? You seem to have a short memory.
                        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Seems to me Chelsea has the unenviable task of facing a full strength Man U, we were missing Rooney and some players were fielded in positions other than their regular...
                          We have no reason to be concern about injuries or rotation.Hopefully, we can unleash Anderson in the latter stages of the game.
                          Been a warn yuh bout calling my youth dem...

Blessed

Comment

Working...
                          X