Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karl, looks like Henry...

..is Frank's EPL team slayer.
    I think we should use Anderson and Carrick..and Fletcher as the substitute to keep Messi at bay.

Ferguson vows to attack Barcelona

Wayne Rooney had few chances going forward at the Nou Camp

Sir Alex Ferguson says his Manchester United side will be more aggressive in the second leg of their Champions League semi-final with Barcelona.
    Cristiano Ronaldo's missed penalty was United's best chance in the first leg, which ended 0-0, but Ferguson promised a more attacking display in the return.
    "Absolutely, no question about it. The game now starts at Old Trafford - it's the decider," he said.
    "At home, with the atmosphere, we'll be quite different to the first game."
    Barca had the majority of the possession and chances in the first leg, but Ferguson said he was happy with the way his side had come through such a tough test.
    "We sealed off the areas where teams don't normally do well against Barcelona," he said.

"They had a lot of play around the box but our concentration was very good.
    "On the negative side we should have done better with possession. We had opportunities to counter-attack but gave the ball away too easily.
    "They didn't make a lot of chances. Going to Old Trafford at 0-0 we have a marvellous chance."
    Ronaldo had a chance to get the game off to a perfect start for United when they won an early penalty after Gabriel Milito handled the ball, but he put his shot high and wide.
    But the Portuguese striker appeared unflustered by his failure.
    "I've scored a few penalties in that side but today I didn't score - no problem," he said.

If you get one penalty in the Nou Camp you are doing well

Sir Alex Ferguson

"Now I'm going to score in Manchester."
    Ronaldo had an appeal for a second penalty turned away when he went to ground under a challenge from Rafael Marquez.
    He said: "I think he touched me. But the referee didn't give a penalty. I don't know why, I don't understand."
    Ferguson added: "If you get one penalty in the Nou Camp you are doing well, to ask for two I'm not surprised it wasn't given."
    Barca coach Frank Rijkaard felt the penalty miss was a turning point - even though it came so early in the game.
    "It was a bit of a wake-up call and after that we played well," said the Dutchman.

Rijkaard has come under increasing pressure this season as his side have fallen off the pace in La Liga and toiled in the Champions League.
    But a lively performance against United was well received by the home crowd.
    "In pure football terms it was not our best performance, but the team transmitted something special to the crowd and it was a great atmosphere," said Rijkaard.
    "It was a very tactical game, Manchester played well on the counter-attack but we did not give them any chances and they know we are capable of scoring at Old Trafford.
    606: DEBATE

A poor performance and no away goal, but a draw at the Nou Camp is hardly a bad result

Robs_All_Stars

"It will not be easy, we are up against a very good team but if we concentrate and remain positive, we know we can do it.
    "A goalless draw is not the best result and we have to score over there, but it is not going to be easy for them. We will have our chances." Ferguson praised midfielder Paul Scholes's contribution on his 100th appearance in the Champions League. "His reading of the play outside the box was terrific," said Ferguson. "His interceptions were marvellous and

mmmm?
    Th14 did not do badly!
    ...perhaps not enough time for him to really show "what's he got?"

Sir Alex's, we'll attack?
    Then we can expect goals!
    ...and a Barcelona win?!

...and the game just past? I enjoyed the tactical epic! BoyU may find that penalty miss coming back to bite!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

We have a CLEAR advantage, despite the wayward views of the overly philosophical...
      Playing in an attacking mode doesn't affect our defence(Rio and Brown are still there), in fact even Rooney, Tevez,etc..will continue to be defensive minded, the difference is Man U keeping its (on the field)form from hereon.

Blessed

Comment

I see no advantage on your home ground, To me playing away is the advantage in C.L football , make your away goals count.

Did you ?I am sure Barca & liverpool will.
        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Drawing an away game remains an advantage,yup, a disadvantage for the home team.
          Memba what Kaka's Milan did to my team? They used the first game as ground to study Man U and the second to skilfully dissect them.

Blessed

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
            We have a CLEAR advantage, despite the wayward views of the overly philosophical...
            Playing in an attacking mode doesn't affect our defence(Rio and Brown are still there), in fact even Rooney, Tevez,etc..will continue to be defensive minded, the difference is Man U keeping its (on the field)form from hereon.

Blessed
            Well the 1st leg match showed, much as the Young GUNNERS did, Barca pulling your vaunted defense apart and running through to scoring positions like a hot knife through butter! ...now just consider your BoyU being more attack-minded...and leaving greater holes in defense?
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Young Gunners - Who are they again?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I just hope at the end of next season Karl is not again forced to painfully write "next season for the gunners".

Blessed

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
                  I just hope at the end of next season Karl is not again forced to painfully write "next season for the gunners".

Blessed

A ope suh tuh!

Comment

)

Comment

familiarity with the opponent and style?

just proves he misses the BPL

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

True, still thinks it can transcend the EPL, yes Henry playing even better for Barca(no way a player of his class can play with such great pklayers and not..), unfortunately his second rise to stardom relies on Barca getting pass Man U, that cannot be permitted.

Blessed

Comment

It seems like he has a tough life in Spain. He seems to be one withdrawn guy.

I hope things work out fi himand him get back in the groove.
                          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

And of course Barca looks like Henry's dream team to face Man U at OS. It is no walk in the park, but Rio and Brown are not just any defence.Fletcher if Messi is getting outa ordah.

Blessed

Comment

I am not a Ronaldo fan but seeing the foul on him live

I think that was a penalty. Ronaldo is actually really good than when i watch on tv. Nothing beat a live game ..My best highlight was the pile by Messi on Evra. Bwoy some nice girls attend soccer games in spain. The girls also know the game well unlike what I have seen in england. Barcelona is a beautiful place but expensive.

Comment

Working...
                              X