Coaches fired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coaches fired

Coaches fired Tuesday, 22 April 2008 With five rounds remaining in the National , two coaches who are part of the national programme have been given the boot.

Defending Premier League champions Harbour View have parted ways with coach Lenworth 'Lenny' Hyde who led them to the title last season.

Harbour View is presently fourth in the League on 47 points, 17 points behind leaders Portmore United.

Assistant coach, Harold Thomas will take charge of the club for the remainder of the season.

St. George's has also sacked their coach Doukie following an inconsistent season.

After being fourth place early in season, St. George's are now seventh position and in the relegation .

Coach Doukie will now focus on his national duties.

"It's important to me to be on the national team .... I tried to hold on to both entities, but we're at a now and they took a decision and this is it," he said.

Much travelled coach Jeffrey Maxwell will complete the season at St. George's.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Mo Lennie Hyde gone too? Well HV need a change in leadership fi real.

As I thought Duckie is spreading thin and knowing King he expect a lot of people.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

St.georges is ungraceful fi fired Duckie but maybe he might

go to the west ...Wadadah or Negril can hired him. As for Hyde I can't understand why Harbour view fired him and replaced him with Harold Thomas instead of a brazillian. Harbour view have the players and for them to reach their full potential they need a brazillian coach now. Players do not respect and perform well for local coaches . Hyde need to move up into administrative role now maybe president fi St.Ann /manchester association etc.

I hope Village keep Tegat for their next 4 season at least.

Comment

How can you come to that conclusion? The last time I checked Duckie had a fulltime job and is also a part of the national program, he doesn't live in Buff Bay so he has to travel to get to training and I can understand St.Georges position as they want a coach who willing to give more time to the program.

There is no doubt that Duckie is successful. That success is also because St.Georges gave him the oppurtunity. Now he has more important things to achieve and less time decisions have to be made.

St.Georges have ambition and they can't just act in the best interest of the coach but in the best interest of the club and if Duckie is not available then they have to act.

Comment

Duckie missed out on the top 6 grouping by virtue of a head to head loss against another team. It might have been a little rough firing him because, for a new team, they have done very well! I think the national duties might have been the real issue there.

Regarding Harbour View, I don't believe Harold Thomas will take over the position fully. He was Lenny's assistant, but look for HV to make a statement when they do hire their coach. HV wants to do well in the CONCACAF Champions League later this year and they have the players and administration to do. It's the coach that's missing.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
          X