X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One man sees a Chelsea I see!

By Graham Taylor
    BBC Radio 5 Live summariser

Chelsea got a 2-0 win but in between the goals at either end it was not a good performance.

Chelsea produced a workmanlike performance at Stamford Bridge

What we saw was a team of individuals and the action from John Terry, when he left the pitch straight after the final whistle, is hard to explain.

Terry - unless he has got an injury - couldn't get off the pitch quickly enough and that's not like him at all.

As a football man myself, I don't know what to make of it - it's a very strange feeling watching this Chelsea team at the moment.

Michael Ballack put Chelsea ahead within three minutes and then they hit the woodwork and it looked like they were going to walk it... but it didn't happen.

It was just individual players - there was no fluidity about Chelsea's performance at all.

Fenerbahce gradually got into the game and they had opportunities, thanks to some very lax Chelsea defending, but didn't take them.
    But the crowd were very quiet. The result was there and Chelsea will be happy with that but that was about it.
    Graham Taylor was speaking on BBC Radio 5 Live
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

...but they keep winning?
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Really look like a coaching problem, still a potentially dangerous side, and Drogba is quite capable of carrying the side on his back. Barc...oops, Roma requires our attention.

Blessed

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
        Really look like a coaching problem, still a potentially dangerous side, and Drogba is quite capable of carrying the side on his back. Barc...oops, Roma requires our attention.

Blessed
        The Chelsea players have it in them to switch to TEAM. It does not happen just so that you play anti-TEAM and 'flick a switch' and suddenly play TEAM...

...but in this case with this collection of individuals...they know each other have played together for yeeeaaaaaaaaaars! They could step it up on TEAM!

Comment

Personal observation, Chelsea doesn't remember to play team, and because it calls for a collective/concerted effort(typical of every player taking two or more touches, I suspect only glimpses...should be expected from Chelsea, certainly not a sustained effort. For now it is all about Drogba.

Blessed

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
            Personal observation, Chelsea doesn't remember to play team, and because it calls for a collective/concerted effort(typical of every player taking two or more touches, I suspect only glimpses...should be expected from Chelsea, certainly not a sustained effort. For now it is all about Drogba.

Blessed

So at this level - highest...now semi-finals coming up - we should start to see them losing at the next Champion League match and when they meet BoyU?
            Right?

I would suggest, don't bet on it! They could just keep winning!

Comment

Could.. yes, likely..no!
              My youths are going to make their case when they play your team in a few days....

Oh Roma, we probably could play that game without a keeper.

Blessed

Comment

so are they playing TEAM or not?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                X