• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sure hint at Ronaldinho leaving?

...often "No!" means "YES!"

4/8/2008 8:35 AM
    Ronaldinho Has A Contract Until 2010 - Agent

Ronaldinho is not looking to leave Barcelona in the summer and his agent insists that he is not working on finding a new club for the beleaguered superstar.

As rumours persist that the Blaugrana will off-load the Brazilian at the end of the current campaign, his representative and brother, Roberto de Assis, moved to calm the waters.

With the media going into overdrive about the future of Ronaldinho, the man that has been at the centre of the hype has now sought to state that there could well be no transfer at all.

"My work is connected with the world of football and it is usual for me to travel and talk about personal matters when I think it is necessary," De Assis told Don Balon.

"Ronaldinho has a contract until 2010 and I am not looking for anything."

The speculation continued after De Assis was entertained at Manchester City last weekend only days after being seen dining with officials in Milan.

Despite having many other clients, the agent was said to be discussing his brother's future and stories began that Ronaldinho had played his last game for Barça.

"It's a little early to say that," De Assis continued. "I hope he can be playing again soon. I think a player who has been in the hearts of Barca fans and this group of players deserves to leave on a high.

"Decisions need to be taken calmly at the right time, not in the heat of the moment or in difficult times."

After failing to hit top form earlier this season, Ronaldinho then picked up a mysterious injury in January and a setback last week has now ended his season.

"Ronaldinho is a little down at present. He has spent five weeks having specific treatment for a problem and now this has happened," his brother added.

"What hurts him most is not being able to help his team-mates at an important time."

Ian Dixon, Goal.com
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
Working...
X