To be honest Simoes nu have the luxury and time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To be honest Simoes nu have the luxury and time

to play around with local shifie boo players who do not take care of themselves to start off as football players. I say develop a training regime and critieria for the respective clubs in the premier league and focussed on our professional players and may be the 4 local players who are close to their talent and technical capabilities. Frankly we are wasting time and money on these players at expense of we not going to South Africa which we cannot afford not to at this time. Spend time with the players who are interested and focussed and then use the money for qualifying to pay off some of debts,build the academy ,keep simoes and then start the local development for 2014 as soon as world cup 2010 completed. We lack the money,resources and time to undertake this 2 in one approach at this time . I also hope our assistants are learning from simoes and his crew before they decided to leave again . We also need to address the league financial support now that cash plus would be history soon because usually when there is smoke in jamaica, fire is not far away. We need to reduce the expenditure of J.f.f and set up a better islandwide structure for future development. Get rid of the J.f.f prime real estates and build a small office at the academy . Send some of national invitee to mvp training with our athletes for at least 2 weeks.

No Mercy do better than than man, yu think the man can just pick players only because them a play a foriegn? The man is looking at each and every player local and foriegn. What is wrong with that?

The man slogan is "2010 and beyond" He can do both of them at the same time. Do you think the primary reason for going to Brazil was just to pick 2010 side? No it was a developement tour. Instead of sitting down and wait fi international date fi get club players the man a werk. Nuff respect to him cause him never have fi do that.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

2010 and beyond assasin yuh eh think he coving he ass by saying that?

Comment

why? is he covering his ass?

you hear man a say them want plan?
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Maybe him hear seh Bricktop is on the prowl....

Comment

you dead now

Comment

When the local players are doing the basic rudiments of the

game then I am willing to support them. All I am saying is that the local players are not taking care of themselves by training properly, eating right and not bleaching regularly. They are a few local player who are capable of making the final squad but not the amount and the ones that Simoes is towing around with. Simoes keep saying that he hardly knows the players but is he really watching enought matches islandwide to see them or is he mostly in kingston and Portmore. How many premier league matches and training sessions did Simoes attend islandwide before going to brazil and after coming back from brazil? I am also mad with most of our veteran players because now is time that they should have been a force to deal with in concacaf after the past years development...Players like Onandi Lowe, Tappa,Walter Boyd,Fabian Davis etc to name a few should have been still playing if they had taken care of themselves and being more disciplined.

Where is our Garfield Reid, Dawkins, Gordon, Keith Kelly, Crawford etc from the squad that when to argentina. Only Khari Stephenson and Shavar Thomas is mention for our senior squad now.

Our national players are not lasting good for more 1 year and that is a trend that must stop else we are always going to be in a rebuilding stage if there is no sustainability of players. Also all the talk about field I have yet to see much drastice islandwide improvement from the seventies. We spend more money in deciding what to do with the academy than what is actually being done.Lets buid what we can afford and don't waste the little money we have to try build what we see in Brazil becausing frankly we can't afford it. I hope we make some profit in the trinidad game .

Comment

"Lets buid what we can afford and don't waste the little money we have to try build what we see in Brazil becausing frankly we can't afford it."

This is the only part of your post that I do not agree with. It is a myth that Jamaica cannot "afford" a world class training facility. It can be done and without any stretch of the imagination too.
                Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by No Mercy View Post
                  game then I am willing to support them. All I am saying is that the local players are not taking care of themselves by training properly, eating right and not bleaching regularly.
                  Let me get this clear - are you saying our players need to bleach more? Dem soon look like smiley face here!

They are a few local player who are capable of making the final squad but not the amount and the ones that Simoes is towing around with. Simoes keep saying that he hardly knows the players but is he really watching enought matches islandwide to see them or is he mostly in kingston and Portmore. How many premier league matches and training sessions did Simoes attend islandwide before going to brazil and after coming back from brazil?
                  Montesso and some of the other assistant coaches do attend a lot of games. I think they particularly like the Harbour View ones. They would have noticed a world-class performance by one Jermaine Hue yesterday, but it makes no difference. He will continue to be ignored. Simoes does make the rounds when he is here. Don't believe he is on the island right now, but he does watches quite a few games.

I am also mad with most of our veteran players because now is time that they should have been a force to deal with in concacaf after the past years development...Players like Onandi Lowe, Tappa,Walter Boyd,Fabian Davis etc to name a few should have been still playing if they had taken care of themselves and being more disciplined.
                  You may have a point there. How is Walter? He should be thrilling at least the local crowds right now. But don't joke with Fabian Davis. He is probably the fittest man in the league right now. And he practices his freekicks unlike other players with probably more natural talent.

Where is our Garfield Reid, Dawkins, Gordon, Keith Kelly, Crawford etc from the squad that when to argentina. Only Khari Stephenson and Shavar Thomas is mention for our senior squad now.
                  Saw Garfield yesterday playing for Waterhouse. It might be a whihle before he sees national duties again. Maybe he needs a transfer to a decent team.

Our national players are not lasting good for more 1 year and that is a trend that must stop else we are always going to be in a rebuilding stage if there is no sustainability of players. Also all the talk about field I have yet to see much drastice islandwide improvement from the seventies. We spend more money in deciding what to do with the academy than what is actually being done.Lets buid what we can afford and don't waste the little money we have to try build what we see in Brazil becausing frankly we can't afford it. I hope we make some profit in the trinidad game .
                  I don't think we realise the widespread use of ganja among players in the CPPL. The Sunday Herald had an article about it the other day, but is just the other day, following a match, I saw somebody with great potential assume the national stance, fingers grinding vegetable material in a cupped palm, I was told how bad it is. And he had just left the field! Time now, full time now we do something about it. Sponsors should not be paying money into a league where at least 50% of its players smoke one thing or the other. No, I don't have proof, but I feel pretty comfortable giving that estimate.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                    No Mercy do better than than man, yu think the man can just pick players only because them a play a foriegn? The man is looking at each and every player local and foriegn. What is wrong with that?

The man slogan is "2010 and beyond" He can do both of them at the same time. Do you think the primary reason for going to Brazil was just to pick 2010 side? No it was a developement tour. Instead of sitting down and wait fi international date fi get club players the man a werk. Nuff respect to him cause him never have fi do that.
                    2010 and beyond?

I wonder if making it to South Africa would make development of the young easier? ...funds the JFF would receive? ...things that would be observed and hopefully learnt? ...exposure for our football?

...and what has preparing WELL...our national senior team...has to do with not developing the talented young?

Isn't development of our young talent not by and of itself a separate task...that dovetails into better representatives (being produced) through successive generations at the national levels? Why then the foolishness of delaying development of both NATIONAL SENIOR TEAM...all national senior teams...and the individual young talent? Why this silly stance of taking resources from our already less than adequate preparation for this shot at qualifying for World Cup 2010 by playing around with less than best available team?
                    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Jangle where is the money is going to come from to build the

state of the art academy they saw in brazil. I am not talking about credit or available funds and still owe debts which continue to accrued interest. I am not talking about tax payers money and I am talking about J.f.f generated funds. Do you really believe we can afford that now considering the financial state J.F.F is in at this junction?

Comment

state of the art academy they saw in brazil. I am not talking about credit or available funds and still owe debts which continue to accrued interest. I am not talking about tax payers money and I am talking about J.f.f generated funds. Do you really believe we can afford that now considering the financial state J.F.F is in at this junction?
                        To answer your question - yes. Why do you keep talking about taxpayers money? The JFF is not a government institution. In business, credit is an indispensable tool. It comes down to how savvy the Burrell and his team are as business persons. Jamaicans need to see football and sports as a whole as a business and not just as a pastime.
                        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Working...
                        X