So if our ladies did not go to brazil we probably would have

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So if our ladies did not go to brazil we probably would have

pick up 15-0 love. Our players get too discouraged after team score against us. We tend to lose our team set up and start to hunt down our opponents inapproriately. I also see that in the game between Canada and Trinidad .

I think we tend to train our goalkeeper seperately without not enought team play. Our kicking ,passing and heading technique always seems weaker or unorthodox that our top opponents. We have to change the concept in the caribbean that we should go after the ball fisrt and not our opponents feet etc.

I want someone to tell me what the score likely would be between Canada and the Girlz, and then Canada against Mexico.
    Therein lies the problem I would suggest.
    A game against Mexico does not define the Girlz.

Blessed

Comment

Originally posted by No Mercy View Post
      pick up 15-0 love. Our players get too discouraged after team score against us. We tend to lose our team set up and start to hunt down our opponents inapproriately. I also see that in the game between Canada and Trinidad .

I think we tend to train our goalkeeper seperately without not enought team play. Our kicking ,passing and heading technique always seems weaker or unorthodox that our top opponents. We have to change the concept in the caribbean that we should go after the ball fisrt and not our opponents feet etc.
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Our football for girls is waaayyyy behind that of US and Canada. Can't speak with knowledge about what the Mexicans do but 8-1 from them would indicate that we have a lot of catching up to do.

Trinidad get a 6-0 from C
        anada.

pr
        Peter R

Comment

I think it's the approach to the game in Jamaica.

Very little time is spent on the Technical aspect development.

The more a player can entertain...the more he/she is seem as talented.

One way to solve this problem is to offer scholarships to the US.

The US spends time in overall player development. Access to superior facilities is also available....
          The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

How is girls football developed in jamaica to begin with?

Where are the leagues?

What is the background of the girls? Does Harbour View or Portmore for example have ladies' teams?

In America and Canada football is essentially a co-ed sport until age 9 10 and you find plenty girls playing.

The challenge is to get more girls playing the game in a structured environment.

pr
            Peter R

Comment

There is a league and a a school girl league as well.
              HV have a team. I think the have a decent starter league.

Remember the US don't even have a league yah now.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

True...the womens league ended a few years ago.

BUT: Women football is very competitive. North Carolina (and others) have excellent systems.
                The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

I said if Jamaica want to have a better women team them have to get the girls is good US D1 college system including North Coralina, UCONN etc. Oral Roberts alone nah go cut it. Get more girls in better colleges that means that them have fi go concentrate on bookwork as much as they do their soccer.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                  X