Defender out for 2 - 3 weeks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defender out for 2 - 3 weeks!

Nemanja Vidic has been ruled out for two or three weeks with a knee injury.

The Serbian centre-back, who fell awkwardly after an aerial challenge against Roma, came off after just 31 minutes of Tuesday's 2-0 quarter final first-leg win.

He was sent for a scan on Wednesday, the results of which showed the injury not to be serious.

A club spokesperson told ManUtd.com: "There is no major damage to the left knee, and Nemanja will be out for around 2 or 3 weeks."

Vidic will therefore miss the Premier League matches against Middlesbrough and Arsenal and Wednesday's Champions League quarter final second leg clash with Roma.

He could return to face Blackburn Rovers at Ewood Park on 19 April, and will certainly hope to be involved should United reach the Champions League semi finals, before the Reds visit Chelsea on 26 April.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Promote Neville to the

first team. He will play his normal rightback position and move Wes Brown to CD. Another option is leave Wes Brown at RB and use Pique. Based on O'Shea's display against Roma the boss might just use him.

Wait ... Hargreves can also play RB and move Wes to CD. Shuffle and deal Fergie ... shuffle and deal.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

"Wait ... Hargreves can also play RB and move Wes to CD. Shuffle and deal Fergie ... shuffle and deal."

But Carrick a keep him outa the team. Now you see my point. Who said Carrick is not playing very good?
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
        "Wait ... Hargreves can also play RB and move Wes to CD. Shuffle and deal Fergie ... shuffle and deal."

But Carrick a keep him outa the team. Now you see my point. Who said Carrick is not playing very good?
        Give it up Sass. Hargreves was purchased to play Defensive mid .. not RB. Ronaldo play as striker, Rooney play as a winger, the other day, Park slotted into the RB position .. so what? The reality is its due to Carrick's performance, Hargreves affi hold the bench. Thats it with you ... you bring in even the kitchen sink fi try mek a point.

Comment

Defense going for record.

United's entertaining attacking football has won plenty of plaudits this season, but the Reds' impressive defensive record should not be overlooked or undervalued.

Sir Alex Ferguson's men are on course to record their leanest Premier League campaign in terms of goals conceded.

The Reds have conceded just 15 in the league this term and, amazingly, on just five occasions at Old Trafford - Manchester City (2), Everton, Derby, and this weekend's opponents at the Riverside, Middlesbrough.

It's a proud record that has been equally as influential as United's attacking exploits in firing the Reds to the top of the Premier League.

Chelsea should hang on to their record though, with just 15 goals conceded when they won the title in season 2004/05.

That topped Arsenal's previous Premier League record of conceding just 17 goals in a league campaign.

United's best previous attempt came in season 1997/98, leaking 25 goals. With six games to go, the Reds will surely beat that tally, and it could be crucial if United are to retain the title.

Comment

Lazie you simply made my point. Owen Hargreaves is more versitile in that he can play more than one position, while Carrick is a central midfielder.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Lazie you simply made my point. Owen Hargreaves is more versitile in that he can play more than one position, while Carrick is a central midfielder.
              Really? When did the point change?

Here is your intial response.

Carrick weakness is him can't tackle and that is why Heargreaves and Barry ahead of him. He make good passes and is ok offensively but not to the exteent that Lampard and Gerrard do fi them club so he is stuck between a rock and a hard place fi make England side.

Comment

Lazie England can only use at most 2 central midfielder at the same time and Lampard and Gerrard is a bigger threat scoring goals.

Then The other two midfielders have to be very mobile and be able to track back, go wide when necessary and do more dirty work and break up plays as needed. You simply can't have 3 center midfielder on the field at the same time, so that is my argument from day one. Hargreaves can play a center mid although he may not be as effective passing the ball and reading the game as Carrick but he can also play wide and play defensive if you ask him to.

What is so hard to understand?

Comment

Fergie could not have chosen a worse time to send Simpson..on loan.
                  Brown is a good central defender, we need an authentic right back player.
                  Alves would free Ronaldo from flank duties.
                  Is Ronaldo our only true right winger?

Blessed

Comment

Lazie England can only use at most 2 central midfielder at the same time and Lampard and Gerrard is a bigger threat scoring goals.

Then The other two midfielders have to be very mobile and be able to track back, go wide when necessary and do more dirty work and break up plays as needed. You simply can't have 3 center midfielder on the field at the same time, so that is my argument from day one. Hargreaves can play a center mid although he may not be as effective passing the ball and reading the game as Carrick but he can also play wide and play defensive if you ask him to.

What is so hard to understand?
                    Sass, once again you've shifted the target. Where have I ever said anything about using 3 central mids? My argument is about the Empire ... last I checked that was Manchester United.

Regarding England ... Lampard and Gerrard hasn't set the place on fire when they're both on the field. Bench Lampard ... Gerrard HAFFI start .. Cole on left wing, David B on the right Beckham or Bentley. The question is who sits in front of the defense? Carrick? Hargreves? Or the youth from Aston Villa.

If they're using a 5 man mid, then maybe LAmpard can get a start.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
                      Fergie could not have chosen a worse time to send Simpson..on loan.
                      Brown is a good central defender, we need an authentic right back player.
                      Alves would free Ronaldo from flank duties.
                      Is Ronaldo our only true right winger?

Blessed
                      I see that you're a Simpson fan. Gary Neville can play RB, O'Shea can play RB, Hargreves can play RB. On top of that Wes can stay there, use Pique, O'Shea or (listen fi Yuttie choke pon him barbq ribs ..) Silvestre as CD.

Wha yuh mean by free Ronaldo from flank duties? Yuh nuh notice that a pure movements a gwaan up front. Ronaldo, Nani, Tevez and Rooney simply have defenders dazzled with movements.

Comment

Lazie it is no shifting target. You have to understand the different roles. If a man marker is needed there to mark out say a Mesi Carrick is not the man is either Barry and Hargreaves.

Lazie a midfield with Lampard, Gerrard and Carrick in it is not a mobile one. In my opinion Carrick either have to unseat either Lampard or Gerrard for his position and even though Gerrard and Lampard are woeful for England they will get the bly over Carrick. That has kept him outa England side.

Again you can't have Carrick, Gerrard and Lampard inna the same midfield.
                        To be truthful I don't even think you need Gerrard and Lampard is either one or the other, Bently is a good option though. LA a go wash up Becks.

Comment

Lazie it is no shifting target. You have to understand the different roles. If a man marker is needed there to mark out say a Mesi Carrick is not the man is either Barry and Hargreaves.

Lazie a midfield with Lampard, Gerrard and Carrick in it is not a mobile one. In my opinion Carrick either have to unseat either Lampard or Gerrard for his position and even though Gerrard and Lampard are woeful for England they will get the bly over Carrick. That has kept him outa England side.

Again you can't have Carrick, Gerrard and Lampard inna the same midfield.
                          To be truthful I don't even think you need Gerrard and Lampard is either one or the other, Bently is a good option though. LA a go wash up Becks.
                          My team is the Empire ... so I'll deal with that. Hell, Capello don't have to consider Carrick for all I care. Less chance of him getting injuried on int'l duty.

Comment

A who a shift now? or it is exclusively for you?

Comment

Just totally ignore the name Alves, tell you what let ask Alves' team to trade him for any of the players you mentioned.
                              Our players are all outstanding but do you realize the reason we are having so much success is we are superior in most positions?Why not all? What will it take..?
                              Brown is better at CD than he is a right back. Brown is better at CD than you give him credit.
                              If Brown was more like Evra you would understand my comment regarding Ronaldo on the flank.
                              Spend de money fi Alves.

Blessed

Comment

Working...
                              X