Questions continue about Rene Simoes' selection policy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions continue about Rene Simoes' selection policy

Well, at least, that's the picture being painted by TVJ. How come Tivoli only has one selectee and Boys Town none?! And remember, Simoes has been praising the local league since his return. Is all the talent housed at one club?

Further, Simoes said he has not heard of Nyron Nosworthy. Apparently, no one has mentioned the name since Bora's departure. I can just imagine that's the case with Obrien White as well.

Anyone have Simoes' email address?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

It start again to rhatid. Same ting right before him leave last time.

Dem not even start get wicked yet. Wait till dem start include him family again like last time.

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
      It start again to rhatid. Same ting right before him leave last time.

Dem not even start get wicked yet. Wait till dem start include him family again like last time.
      I hope he leaves and never returns. The local "experts" who have never achieved anything in the game of football have started cackling.

Comment

The people who are criticising, what exactly should they have achieved in football?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

He should just ignore those so-called journalists.
          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
            The people who are criticising, what exactly should they have achieved in football?
            Employment with a professional football organization for starters.

Comment

Think a only local coach them question.

The fact is if the side not going anywhere there is no question but if something positive start to happen then the negitivity take over.

In all walk a Jamaican life. A bet you if West Indies win two games a di same thing happen. Now them can pick 11 players from one country and a nuh nothing.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

so wait all this becuase we come back and tie suppose we did come back and win

Comment

Why are they being styled as "so called journalists" bredrin? As far as I'm concerned they are simply doing their jobs, and even the fans should ask questions. That is the only way we will get the people in charge to be fair and honest, and the players across the island trying to get into the squad believe that they are getting a fair look. You are certainly naive if you think that only the journalists have this concern because the fans and PLAYERS have them as well. This has been going on a long time now and it needs to stop if we want the absolute best players in Jamaica on the squad. Treat the players fairly and we will all see a team of enthusiastic and ready ballers, otherwise man and man will start looking out for themselves, playing for contract etc. instead of giving their all because almshouse only breed bad vibes. Therefore, I suggest that if Horace Reid or Burrell influencing the call-ups then they should refrain from doing so and allow Simoes to pick who he wants, if the want to be in South Africa in 2010.

Comment

You think world class coaches pay this kinda foolishness any mind?

Comment

Good point , arent WC coaches used to this kind of journalism ?

BiG WC cocah Brazil U23 , Iranian coach, T&T cocah and Brazil Club coach is trembling in his boots over some journalistic novice having the balls to question him.

UNNNUH NEED FE CHECK UNNU SELF.
                      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Simoes, McIntosh dismiss claims as unjust
                        published: Tuesday | April 1, 2008

Ainsley Walters, Freelance Reporter

Reggae Boyz technical director René Simoes (left) with Jamaica Football Federation general secretary Horace Reid, at last Wednesday's friendly international against Trinidad and Tobago at the National Stadium. - Ricardo Makyn/Staff Photographer.

HOWARD McIntosh, a director of Portmore United, on Sunday dismissed claims that the national squad was being unjustly filled with players from his club, which, for years, was being managed by Horace Reid, general secretary of the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF).

Reid has been in charge of the team on and off, even before it was rebranded as Portmore United, changing its name from Hazard of Clarendon.

Reid relinquished his post at the club during his stints as JFF general secretary, a claim, which pundits have questioned, now linking him to the number of Portmore players summoned among a local-based squad, which toured Brazil and took part in last Wednesday's drawn friendly international against Trinidad and Tobago.

Defending the integrity of technical director René Simoes, McIntosh, on Sunday, said the Brazilian's track record showed that he was responsible, fair and would not jeopardise his job by being partial to one club, due to its connections with Reid.

The Reggae Boyz were leading Trinidad and Tobago 2-0 at half-time last Wednesday but conceded two goals after Simoes brought on three substitutes, all from Portmore, after starting the game with two other players from the club.

This led to claims, which McIntosh has ridiculed, that the national team is being 'Portmore-ised' for the purpose of exposing, to obtain overseas contracts for Portmore players.

"I have heard the comments but I am not sure what the basis is as it relates to the question of players obtaining contracts," McIntosh said.
                        "I think the coach has outlined the fact that he is in the process of putting together his final squad. The truth is that a number of persons pick players for the team including national coordinators and assistant coaches.

"At the end of the day, the technical director has the final call. We will have to give a lot of credit to the coach. Either believe in what he is doing or not.

"I base things on track record ,and we will have to have a firm belief in what he's doing," said the Portmore director.

Insufficient matches

McIntosh

During the previous JFF administration, Harbour View had at least six players called to the national squad but the issue was not illuminated, mainly because the team was not playing sufficient friendly internationals to clock national playing time.

Simoes, in a letter to the press, responded to the allegations:
                        "It would be a lost opportunity if I don't address you on another problem that has become a point of discussion in our football fraternity," his letter read in part.
                        "It is being said that Portmore players are the favourites of the national programme, because Mr Reid, the general secretary and others have voice on team selection.
                        "First of all, let me make it abundantly clear that the day that happens, I will not be here any more. Please take my word on that and charge me anytime.

"Secondly, in 1994 through to 1996, the country complained that the national team belonged to the west. That time we had Theodore Whitmore, 'Shorty' (Stephen) Malcom, 'Tegat' (Paul) Davis, Donovan Ricketts, Durrent Brown, Hector Wright, Winston Anglin, Warren Barrett, Anthony 'Terminator' Dennis and others.

"At that time the focus was on Seba, Wadadah and Violet Kickers. The answer I gave then was that they had the best players and I will invite them."

Simoes went on to point out that Harbour View and Portmore United had the same number of players invited for February's friendly match against Costa Rica, and Waterhouse had one less player than Portmore invited to the Brazil training camp.

Simoes made further comparisons with the great Brazilian 1970 World Cup team, which had six players from Botafogo and five from Santos, including Pele, before ending: "I will not change my way to do things because there is a perception for this or for that. My way is just one and I will follow it."
                        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Well stated Sensi

Originally posted by Sensi View Post
                          Why are they being styled as "so called journalists" bredrin? As far as I'm concerned they are simply doing their jobs, and even the fans should ask questions. That is the only way we will get the people in charge to be fair and honest, and the players across the island trying to get into the squad believe that they are getting a fair look. You are certainly naive if you think that only the journalists have this concern because the fans and PLAYERS have them as well. This has been going on a long time now and it needs to stop if we want the absolute best players in Jamaica on the squad. Treat the players fairly and we will all see a team of enthusiastic and ready ballers, otherwise man and man will start looking out for themselves, playing for contract etc. instead of giving their all because almshouse only breed bad vibes. Therefore, I suggest that if Horace Reid or Burrell influencing the call-ups then they should refrain from doing so and allow Simoes to pick who he wants, if the want to be in South Africa in 2010.
                          Let the journalist do their jobs,the coaching staff theirs and I have nothing further to add.
                          http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...w-kit-0708.gif the wisdom and courage of my mind and the strength and vigour of my body", to enable them to enjoy a better life. I ask God's blessings on our nation. I ask for His guidance on the government that I will lead as we face the challenges of the future. I know that we can't even walk without Him holding our hands. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...aa20b58a33.gif

Comment

Working...
                          X