Oral Tracey Getting Raw in Sports Commentary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oral Tracey Getting Raw in Sports Commentary

Tracey was brutally frank last night on his commentary saying he was fed up with the "Portmorisation of the national team" and directly accused the JFF (read Horaces) of pushing the Portmore players to get national caps so they can qualify for contracts at the expense of the national team.

Just wondering though, when the national team was being Habour Viewed where was the protest? Yes, there was some but not this strident.

Indeed, some people are saying that last Wednesday, Jamaica beat T&T 2-0 and then T&T beat Portmore 2-0!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

uh well to be fair. I did not think anyone say that when it was 10 boys town man or when Hview had a large contingent of players. Now if Portmore has consistenly have one of the best teams at the senior and u21 levels I see no reason to be alarmed. The Question one should ask is who is better then the Portmore bunch and if you can say they are better players then you have an argument. I would not be surprised if Portmore has the best yougsters because I believe they have dominated the U21 league over the last two to three years. Again I will ask about ony two players who I think ought to be in the Mix and that is the youth dem from village Dwakins and Bennet.. As I have seen them play and I am not sure that who they have is any better.

Comment

I wonder which of the players he thinks should not be on the team.

Comment

more precisely, who should replace who?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

That is a question that I usually find 90% of the folks have a hard time answering, yet they repeat this Portmore line with a passion.

If a man has other players that he can point out, I can see with him having such an opinion. But when I hear the line of "we must have better player out there" I just shake my head.

Comment

Well, we all know that I am an HVFC supporter, so I should have a big grouse with this Portmorization. I don't, to be honest. I regard this period as a tryout for our local players. HVFC had its chance, and now Portmore. Of course, others are getting a look, but I do believe that our best players will come from those two clubs. But quite a few clubs could give you 2 or 3 players.

Unfortunately (or fortunately) for some of the HVFC tryouts, much of their time was spent playing in the Far East, so we don't know how they did. The scores suggest that they didn't do too well, but still, one would have loved to have seen them.

I will name some HVFC players who could easily have been a part of this experiment by Simoes -

Maestro
            Richard Edwards
            Lovel Palmer
            Jermaine Taylor
            Ronnie Amaguana - oops, he's not Jamaican
            Dwayne Miller

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mi really would like to know is why you feel seh Taylor suited for the International game. He seems quite uncomfortable in the big leagues.

Comment

He performed like a stalwart in his U-20 days. I don't think we have given him sufficient time at the senior level. Furthermore, I really believe his best position is defensive midfielder. Recently, he has been playing ahead of Fowly in that position for HV and he has been doing great! We have not tested him at that position at the senior level either.

So, yes, I still believe he has the goods!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

He performed well, but back then he was physically superior to the majority of his counterparts and even then he was not that great in the qualifiers.

I am also not sure about him in that midfield role, he does not seem to make the best decisions when under pressure. He use to look calm when he was a junior, but that may have been because he had more time. At the Senior level he makes crucial giveaways and mistakes. Anyhow, I hope he will improve and I certainly hope he can play that role better than Fowly. H. View needs to start putting Fowly into the coaching system and out of the playing system.

Comment

Oral Tracey is a sturn Harbour View fan that's why he wasn't complaining when the National team was "Ruxie Viewed".

Comment

Me, the thing is, does he have talent? If yes, then we have to allow the talent to transition into the senior level. The only way this is going to happen is to give the player more exposure.

Anyway, Rene knows what is best (Jawge 3: 16)
                      "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

That is the thing. I haven't seen his talent at the Senior level. and by senior level I mean in the local Premier League also. He actually seems clumsy at the faster pace.

Comment

Working...
                        X