• Show
Clear All

• Warner silent as Warriors' spirit fades

<DIV id=printReady>

Warner silent as Warriors' spirit fades
    published: Tuesday | October 10, 2006
    <DIV class=KonaBody>

PORT-OF-SPAIN (Trinidad Express):

FIFA vice-president and Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&amp;TFF) special adviser, Austin 'Jack' Warner, maintained his silence on Sunday, as the Soca Warriors continued to slide towards disbandment.

On Friday evening, the Warriors, led by team captain Dwight Yorke, declared their intention to resign from international duty due to an alleged breach of contract by the T&amp;TFF.

A hasty release from T&amp;TFF general secretary Richard Groden, which erroneously accused the players of planning a boycott of Saturday's friendly against St. Vincent and the Grenadines, suggested that the problem lay with the distribution of sponsorship money.

Groden submitted an unaudited statement of income and expendi-ture to the national media, which claimed that the T&amp;TFF received TT$18,255,952 for its part in the Germany 2006 World Cup.

Accounting

The players are believed to be concerned about the accuracy of the T&amp;TFF's accounting.

For starters, there was no mention of money accrued from television rights. The deal, which was agreed to between the players and Warner two days before the first leg World Cup play-off against Bahrain, controversially failed to share television money for the Bahrain legs, as well as a host of friendly matches against the likes of Iceland, Wales and the Czech Republic. These matches were televised throughout Europe by high-profile stations like Sky Sports and Euro Sports.

There is worry that several sponsors were omitted or figures doctored as well.

The T&amp;TFF's accountant for this project, by its own admission, is Kenny Rampersad, who was revealed to be Warner's business partner during investigations on Simpaul Travel Services last December. Rampersad, at the time, was mandated to act on Simpaul's behalf.

Worse, as far as the players were concerned, the T&amp;TFF then deducted expenses before handing over the Warriors' share. And a $9 million share was reduced to TT$141,102 to be split 25 ways - 24 players and one share for the players' committee.</DIV></DIV>
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

RE: Warner silent as Warriors' spirit fades

<DIV>Heh heh! I love it! </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Hurry up and get back a side, still. Dussings out await unnu!</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Another scandal out of the Warner camp.....what a surprise! It's seems that every month there is some new scandal arising from his camp. I see some persons here begging for Burrell to return to the helm of the JFF regardless of his "alleged" unscrupulous character. Burrell was Jack's close confidante and protege. It would be inevitable that Burrell and the JFF would be caught up in Jack's scandals. Are we willing to sacrifice the ReggaeBoyz's image and integrity for Burrell's managerial shrewdness? Yes, I agree that he is a better manager than Boxhill, and that with him at the top, "maybe" we would see us moving up faster in world football. But at what cost? Burrell was also a scandal magnet during his tenureship.

Boxhill is a failure. (Just so that you know that I am not his supporter either.)
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

But you out of order to rahtid, calling Burrell erm Moses a scandal magnet...but me nah sey a ting to you, wait till Lazie has had his fill of the latest PNP scandal, he might have some energy left over to deal with you case, or RF or one of the other Burrellites...
        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
        Che Guevara.

Comment

Jangle (10/10/2006)Another scandal out of the Warner camp.....what a surprise! It's seems that every month there is some new scandal arising from his camp. I see some persons here begging for Burrell to return to the helm of the JFF regardless of his "alleged" unscrupulous character. Burrell was Jack's close confidante and protege. It would be inevitable that Burrell and the JFF would be caught up in Jack's scandals. Are we willing to sacrifice the ReggaeBoyz's image and integrity for Burrell's managerial shrewdness? Yes, I agree that he is a better manager than Boxhill, and that with him at the top, "maybe" we would see us moving up faster in world football. But at what cost? Burrell was also a scandal magnet during his tenureship.

Boxhill is a failure. (Just so that you know that I am not his supporter either.)
          As I said before Boxhill'soutster of Burrell - The president of the JFF...a fi wi JFF....must be 'checked and balanced' by his board.

After Burrell's removal by Boxhill there has not been much of a change. The same stooges that surrounded Burrell...now surround Boxhill. The board/executive committee/managing committee/delegates...etc. need to stand and be counted. Any failure...do I have to keep saying this?...of Burrell and or Boxhill where transparency,apparent disappearance...or real disappearance of funds from the JFF's coffers says/repeats/emphasises we have stooges arround.

...who may...just maybe have their hands in the 'cookie jar'???!!
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
          X