A wha do unnu man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A wha do unnu man

just take it easy. Simoes a look pon the players them inna this situation. King score so him take him off and write him in. Him nah fi call him next game unless is a big game. The man have fi give the youth them a run fi see how them perform. When you 2 up you can afford to take chances and that is what he did, give a few more players a run to look at them.

Now when man a talk bout Pepe dis and Pepe dat, unnu fi see why the old stallion is always around cause him would settle the defense and stop the breakdown. Now mi like how Simoes dweet, give all a the youth them a run.

Nuh worry Reggae boyz on di go.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
    just take it easy. Simoes a look pon the players them inna this situation. King score so him take him off and write him in. Him nah fi call him next game unless is a big game. The man have fi give the youth them a run fi see how them perform. When you 2 up you can afford to take chances and that is what he did, give a few more players a run to look at them.

Now when man a talk bout Pepe dis and Pepe dat, unnu fi see why the old stallion is always around cause him would settle the defense and stop the breakdown. Now mi like how Simoes dweet, give all a the youth them a run.

Nuh worry Reggae boyz on di go.

well said. A mixture of youth and some experience players will shape this team well for the future qualifiers. These are what friendly games are all about.

Comment

Sass, cut the crap bout Pepe. I bet you anything that when things get into the swing, Simoes is not going to include him much in the team. Mark my words or as Shatta would say, archive this post.
      "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Warlord View Post
        well said. A mixture of youth and some experience players will shape this team well for the future qualifiers. These are what friendly games are all about.
        There comes a time...perhaps, not yet..if the feeling is we can with any old 'grab a team' get to the Hex...need to worry about a real TEAM that would be competitive with USA, Mexico and Canada...

...but look at the TEAMs USA, Mexico and Canada played today? Look at the USA's and Mexico's schedules? Well will our 'late starters' i.e. late core group TEAM be ready to compete with and force ourselves into qualifying as one of the automatic qualifiers?

If the answer is YES...we are on the right track!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Tilla he may not use him but he will have to find WORTHY replacement. Pepe a di standard bearer. Pepe come like a common entrance or what dem call it now GSAT? If you can't pass him you can't go a high school so all them aspiring central defender know what them a fi do to hold that post.

Mouth and talent alone nah dweet you want the heart of a lion as well.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
            There comes a time...perhaps, not yet..if the feeling is we can with any old 'grab a team' get to the Hex...need to worry about a real TEAM that would be competitive with USA, Mexico and Canada...

...but look at the TEAMs USA, Mexico and Canada played today? Look at the USA's and Mexico's schedules? Well will our 'late starters' i.e. late core group TEAM be ready to compete with and force ourselves into qualifying as one of the automatic qualifiers?

If the answer is YES...we are on the right track!

Karl,

I honestly think with the right preparation of games and a proper exposure of the younger players this team will be ready for the semi-final round along with hex should we qualify.

The problem here is that we can clearly see the gap between NPL football and national team ball. If we worry about wat Canada, USA, Mexico is doing and not focusing on what we can do to get better, then we will not go anywhere.

We dont have the player pool of those nations. Its our reality. We have some talent but exposure is needed which is why I said earlier this year that the infatuation that the federation has with playing only Concacaf opposition is ridiculous.

I mean the Soca Warriors will play England in June but knowing Burrell he'll probably get Honduras or Canada. We need to play outside the region.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
              Tilla he may not use him but he will have to find WORTHY replacement. Pepe a di standard bearer. Pepe come like a common entrance or what dem call it now GSAT? If you can't pass him you can't go a high school so all them aspiring central defender know what them a fi do to hold that post.

Mouth and talent alone nah dweet you want the heart of a lion as well.
              That is true but we cant keep looking back. Its time to move on and build for the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Warlord View Post
                Karl,

I honestly think with the right preparation of games and a proper exposure of the younger players this team will be ready for the semi-final round along with hex should we qualify.

The problem here is that we can clearly see the gap between NPL football and national team ball. If we worry about wat Canada, USA, Mexico is doing and not focusing on what we can do to get better, then we will not go anywhere.

We dont have the player pool of those nations. Its our reality. We have some talent but exposure is needed which is why I said earlier this year that the infatuation that the federation has with playing only Concacaf opposition is ridiculous.

I mean the Soca Warriors will play England in June but knowing Burrell he'll probably get Honduras or Canada. We need to play outside the region.
                We really do not know what the JFF's schedule says...but there is a Haiti match coming up in Florida

Haiti vs Jamaica - 18/05/2008 - MIAMI Friendly

and a tentative Argentina match

Jamaica vs Argentina - 31/05/2008 -LONDON Friendly

...so...keep hope alive!
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

You have to realize that it is time you start talking about Pepe in past tense. Pepe was this, Pepe was that. I am telling you, we have to groome our young players to hold the forth. Otherwise, be prepared to see some young guns from the USA, Mexico, Costa Rica and Honduras run rings round a slow and ineffective Pepe. I would rather work with Shavar, Tyrone, Stew Peas, and others before we try to wring Pepe dry of any little game he has left in him.
                  Last edited by Tilla; March 27, 2008, 12:04 AM.
                  "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

I think playing Argentina is a mistake. Get some teams we know we can beat first, then the Argentinas and Brazils.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                      We really do not know what the JFF's schedule says...but there is a Haiti match coming up in Florida

Haiti vs Jamaica - 18/05/2008 - MIAMI Friendly

and a tentative Argentina match

Jamaica vs Argentina - 31/05/2008 -LONDON Friendly

...so...keep hope alive!
                      Yea as long as Argentina doesnt cancel i would be happy. I wouldnt mind playing a teams like Ivory Coast, Senegal, or Egypt (CAF champions) either.

This obsession wit El Salvador and Guatemala must stop. And that Haiti match is not really a good idea at this time since its more than likely we will be facing them in the semifinal round come fall.

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
                        You have to realize that it is time you start talking about Pepe in past tense. Pepe was this, Pepe was that. I am telling you, we have to groome our young players to hold the forth. Otherwise, be prepared to see some young guns from the USA, Mexico, Costa Rica and Honduras run rings round a slow and ineffective Pepe. I would rather work with Shavar, Tyrone, Stew Peas, and others before we try towring Pepe dry of any little game he has left in him.
                        solid point you make. The only problem is that Tyrone Marshall isnt young anymore. We should've been grooming players bout 3 years ago to be ready today but we dont have the time or the afforded luxury today with the qualifiers right around the corner.

We will have to work with what we've got. You can blame Boxhill for wasting time while he was president. Had he got the right people in.. then we wouldnt be having this discussion today.

Comment

You have to realize that it is time you start talking about Pepe in past tense. Pepe was this, Pepe was that. I am telling you, we have to groome our young players to hold the forth. Otherwise, be prepared to see some young guns from the USA, Mexico, Costa Rica and Honduras run rings round a slow and ineffective Pepe. I would rather work with Shavar, Tyrone, Stew Peas, and others before we try towring Pepe dry of any little game he has left in him.
                          Don't underestimate the general, him no dun yet and can play a role in qualification. One of those young guns have to knock him off the team, so far they have not succeeded.

Comment

I think playing Argentina is a mistake. Get some teams we know we can beat first, then the Argentinas and Brazils.
                            You mean teams like Vietnam and Indonesia?

Comment

Really would love to know the starting eleven and the substitutes in the game.
                              I guess Simoes now knows he cannot just make changes for the heck of it,madness!
                              Were there crucial changes made regarding our defenders(2 second half goals by T&T), and isn't reasonable to assume at some point the latter substitutions were undermined by the previous(some players would have done better if the were fielded with better players).
                              I did not see the game, hence the questions.

Blessed

Comment

Working...
                              X