Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wenger again rings in the wrong chance - Adebayor is the one

that should go not Flamini!

Adebayor has been once again - anti-TEAM in too many plays. He often does not go to the ball. Waits on the ball! ...and allows Chelsea (players) to easily run in front of him and pick it up. He too often runs off-side! He too often fouls unnecessarily I believe he has given the ball to Chelsea at least 5 times in each half!

There is also a problem with use of Walcott. He stays wide and they do not give him the ball. I think he has had 2 touches of the ball so far.

Terrible loss!
    It is over for the YOUNG GUNNERS!!!
    Last edited by Karl; March 23, 2008, 02:43 PM.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

sigh

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Men among boys. Good effort though.

Chelsea 2, Arsenal 1.
      "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
        Men among boys. Good effort though.

Chelsea 2, Arsenal 1.
        Certainly in the last 15 or so minutes Chelsea had us like little boys!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post

Adebayor has been once again - anti-TEAM in too many plays. He often does not go to the ball. Waits on the ball! ...and allows Chelsea (players) to easily run in front of him and pick it up. He too often runs off-side! He too often fouls unnecessarily I believe he has given the ball to Chelsea at least 5 times in each half!

There is also a problem with use of Walcott. He stays wide and they do not give him the ball. I think he has had 2 touches of the ball so far.

Terrible loss!
          It is over for the YOUNG GUNNERS!!!
          Strange ... when he scored in about 9 consecutive games ... I never hear none of you jokers complaining about his style of play.
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

misery loves company
            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
              Strange ... when he scored in about 9 consecutive games ... I never hear none of you jokers complaining about his style of play.
              His play has fallen off!
              He certainly played very well earlier.

...in any case you look at players game by game...in each game. Adebayor was a liability in this game.

btw - The commentators on Fox are speaking about one of the very things I saw - the way Arsenal narrowed the field...going through the middle and ignoring Walcott.

Then what can you say about the players (the GUNNERS) ignoring Chelsea's defensive clog of the middle?

Answer: It begged for the GUNNERS extending the width - using the wings to stretch Chelsea's defensive tactics!

Comment

Hear yah. He actually passes too much instead of running at defenders and when yuh see him lose the ball today?

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                  Hear yah. He actually passes too much instead of running at defenders and when yuh see him lose the ball today?
                  I hope you have the tape! Go look!
                  ..because the answer to your question is OFTEN!

Comment

As we Empire soldiers knew from day one, the Baby Gummers have lost the plot. Arsenal is a sprint team, but as yutie always seh, "title nuh win inna August".
                    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

I hope you have the tape! Go look!
                      ..because the answer to your question is OFTEN!
                      Not true Karl he is one of the surest passers in the EPL.

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                        Not true Karl he is one of the surest passers in the EPL.
                        We are speaking about this game!
                        The man was a WASTE!

How many times was he OFF-SIDE?!

Well each time he is OFF-side he gives the ball away. Unless you do not recognise that the ball goes to your opponents when the ref calls offside?

How many times he, particularly when a long high ball was hit to him down the middle, instead of going to the ball and meeting it (either high i.e. jumping and heading it to a teammate, or on hanging high balls on fronting the defender he either give a foul? - Or you do not think that is giving away the ball?

He consistently had the ref calling him from "backing in" - not meeting the ball...so he must have thought it out that the ref calls those... Damn!...by backing into the defender or actually running/moving behind the defenders i.e. placing himself nearer to the defender's goal he gives away the damn ball. In the latter case when he runs behind/goes behind the defender he gives Chelsea (the defender) a 'free play at the ball'...what do you think it is smart to pray for the defenders at this level to make a mistake...miss the ball and give him a free run to goal?

...did he not also pass straight to Chelsea? ...not often but when you put all his give-aways together...THE MAN WAS A WASTE!
                        Last edited by Karl; March 23, 2008, 02:35 PM.

Comment

We are speaking about this game!
                          The man was a WASTE!
                          He played the same way he always plays Karl. He doesn't dribble much with the ball how can you say he gave the ball away all game long?

Comment

Arsenal failed to put in any crosses from the wings. Chel$ki defended with nine players at times today and clogged the middle. The little girl Theo should have come on earlier. Wegner is a sprinters coach. Also, it's only a matter of time before Eboue loses his starting place. He is an idiot and don't have any ball sense. Twice I saw him making the wrong runs; 1. on the right with Sagna and 2. with Hleb on the left.

Comment

Bricktop you are spot on bredrin. Adebayor passes too much for a big forward and I think he needs to be more selfish sometimes but in a sensible way. He needs to have that ball sense to know when to hold the ball, when to pass and when to dribble or go for goal. i think he is a real good player but his decesions on the field is what separates him from a big baller like Drogba or Torres. As a result, Adebayor does not look dangerous in and around the area and does not drive fear in anyone whenever he gets the ball around the goal because he is just not very clinical. Yes he couldn't do anything wrong for a while but that's when he was hungry to prove himself as henry's replacement. I guess his belly is now full and it is showing in his play as he is a different player than a few weeks ago. big players remain hungry throughout the season and legends remain hungry throughout their career! Memba mi seh dat and memba whe yuh hear dat!

Comment

Working...
                              X