RBZ Game Theory- Strategy Redux?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RBZ Game Theory- Strategy Redux?

In building the great 1998 WC qualifying team Simoes had the core of the team based in Jamaica then he plugged the gaps with UB40s - a winning strategy as history demonstrates.
    His teams played well defensively with the entire 11 contributing but the defensive players were mainly Jamaica-based. By playing together constantly the 6-7 players tasked primarily with defensive/containing roles built great understanding among themselves, made the team compact and were the linchpin of a competitive defensive team that was dangerous on the counter -with speed, guile and one on one attacking skills.

Can a similar formula (obviously adjusting for relative differences in the talent pool between 1996 - and 2008) work well in this campaign?
    I think it's possible especially as we seem to have competitive local players. They may not be as finished as some of the foreign-based players but the TEAM may have the GREAT advantage to play them constantly to build a cohesive unit and foundation around which to plug gaps with the foreign based pros (now UB50s).
    No need to wait on FIFA dates to play matches - play clubs and/or B internationals with the local core group - build a vibes - then introduce the UB50s as needed for the bigger games. Was the Brazil tour a harbinger for some version of this strategy?
    This could be a viable or even the optimum strategy regardless of whether or not Simoes primarily employs a defensive strategy in 2008 as he did in 1998 qualifying. A simplistic - select the "best" players and put them together - may not be the winning strategy... game theorists know this well.

In my view the only questions are time and cojones. Do we have enough of both to go through the inevitable pitfalls and develop a winning team when the dance begins?
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Different era ,different players and different fifa position

The advantage this time is the professional approach of these players because of their professional environments. They also have the advantage of learning from the past because most of them was there in the squad as youngsters. I hope to God we don't have any more players with broken legs a go a brazil carnival go dance with man. Look like the man dem use to bleach and come waste man little poor man money during game time. I hope them bull crap stop now. I think we should put in one of the local keeper even for a 30 minutes. Nuff trini gyal a get slap up on wednesday night a ocho ...reggae boyzs a di wickedess slam pon the field but trini girls give the wickedess slam inna bed.

Comment

one thing mi know and that is Rene is di teacher and he is building a program that should be continue. We may not make 2010 but if we continue to have a viable local and youth program we will be competitve in the region in all age group and be able to get back to more tournaments.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Dazzling analysis

[QUOTE=No Mercy;90826]The advantage this time is the professional approach of these players because of their professional environments. They also have the advantage of learning from the past because most of them was there in the squad as youngsters. I hope to God we don't have any more players with broken legs a go a brazil carnival go dance with man. Look like the man dem use to bleach and come waste man little poor man money during game time. I hope them bull crap stop now. I think we should put in one of the local keeper even for a 30 minutes. Nuff trini gyal a get slap up on wednesday night a ocho ...reggae boyzs a di wickedess slam pon the field but trini girls give the wickedess slam inna bed.[/QUOTE]

Your insight into the possible RBZ strategy for building an effective team is very compelling..... was it powered by high grade?

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

All good things come from God even weed which was created be

fore man. I only smoke weed indirectly while playing ball a yard. At half time we use to be surrounded by some man with some big chillum pipe from school days.

Comment

Originally posted by No Mercy View Post
            fore man. I only smoke weed indirectly while playing ball a yard. At half time we use to be surrounded by some man with some big chillum pipe from school days.
            you are quite the entertainer.

Comment

Working...
            X