Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• actually only 2 games that I was ever impress about our nati

actually only 2 games that I was ever impress about our nati

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

onal team was Usa and canada a stadium when we went to france..

The game against canada when Burton score was the first I ever see us dominate the entire game from start to finish. I think with these new exposed professional players and given time together with Simoes back in the fold hopefully the best is yet to come. I hope our program is beyond South Africa because only then we will see the fruit ready to be eaten. All the dirty work is being done now but it need watering and nurturing before all fruits ripe...Remember countries that use to give us 7-0 etc can only beat us by 1-0 or we are even beating them. Bad habits is harder to get rid of than even learning new techniques...What we do in practice usually show up in matches subconsciously...This why players will look great in training shooting without being tired and pressure but come match time when there is pressure and tiresome they can't even shoot...The muscle have memory and over 90 minutes it usually perform more by how much it is conditioned to do.

Some players don't do that well in practise but come game time they can deliver.

I was sorta one a dem players. Maybe because I didn't love the long running and the physical side of training but come game time I was hyped.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

maybe your opponents were weak or your a phemnon

I use to know a player who can only play well barefooted even when man wi iron studs a step pon him. We even buy special boots for him but him just couldn't play so well in boots. How him use to do that use to baffle mi little mind especially when I see the swellings on his feet. The man even use to buss slide tackle pon man with boots and come out winning. Memba one situation a watson Taylor park.

Comment

It is all mental. I use to train just hard enough knowing that I will perform in game. You get so use to doing it that you don't realise until you are no longer playing.

An example is when playing college we had to do 15 laps in 15 minutes the first day of training. Not a 400 field but smaller. I would always complete it clsoe to the 15 minutes only because if you didn't you would have to do it everyday till you complete it. I would do enough to be fit but playing the ball, defending and giving 200% come game time was me. If you look on it realistically you will realise that many Jamaicans are no different, they don't push themselves physically unless forced to. When I use to watch my white teammates give 110% in training I would actually laugh.

I know a bredda we called 'Barefoot" Pele and trust me he was that but no good in boots either.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

True words...That nu work inna international football no mor

e. Jermaine Hue comes to mind in regards to this.

Comment

Mi tell unnu long time that Simoes a come deal with the Bibi Gardners or the 25 Adu that Shatta a talk bout. If you 26 and over a get a cap call yourself lucky under Simoes.

Check his record and you will see he love to work with the young and him give them cahnce over everybody else. Simoes nah look fi the best, him a look fi talent. The only reason Burton is there is the same reason Goodison is they are very technical, hardworking and can be described as Coaches' bwoy in that they will follow intructions to a "t" and leave their heart out pon the field.

Notice the players who Simoes say impress him always the young and talented.

Comment

Too much pretty woman but no wife yet as simoes would say

Simoes fi know seh pretty woman also can make good wife too ...Ball game nice again ..nuff liquor a sell off and nuff dance a cork..Nuff trini a get slam inna ochi. We should invite the retired italian referee to do this game.

Comment

Working...
              X