Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RONALDO the great pretender

- he only scores against rubbish sides and never delivers against the best

Last night, Hatchet Man watched the champions – but not THE champion. Manchester United may have cruised to a 2-0 victory over woeful Bolton with two goals from that lad Cristiano Ronaldo, but I couldn't help but wondering if the Portugal star is being lauded a little too much.
    "The Master," cooed Keysey, Jamie and Wilko in the Sky studio. "Is there a finer footballer in the world?" they asked and answered in the negative.
    Yesterday's HATCHET MAN

Excuse me, but I beg to differ. It's all well and good showing up the plodders of the Premier League, as Ronny did against Bolton, but – if we're honest, Old Mother Hatchet could do that to them. Hatchet Man remains to be convinced that Ronaldo can do it against the best.

And on Sunday – it's a Grand Slam one, if you hadn't noticed – Ronaldo has the chance to strut his stuff against last season's Champions League finalists Liverpool. That will be the real test. Not Bolton, not against Reading, Villa or Newcastle.
    The 23-year-old has scored 24 league goals in as many Premier League starts this season, which by everyone else's standards is very impressive. But not by Hatchet Man's.
    Ronaldo has scored only once against "Big Four" opposition this term – against Arsenal, and United have put six past the Gunners this season.
    Sunday is a big day for the title race and it's a huge one for Ronaldo's illusions of grandeur.
    Last night he scored a scuffer and another befuddling free-kick, although Al-Habsi was beaten by a strike travelling at less than 60mph. Jussi would have saved that, I reckon. Bag a tap-in against your big north-west rivals on Easter Sunday, Crissy, and I'll eat my words. I bet that I won't have to.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Manu scored 6 goals against Arsenal he only played in one game and he did score. If Tevez and Rooney score and Ronaldo nuh score ... I'd have no problem.

Y'all create excitment about George Best ... well Ronaldo has bettered his scoring record. I can bet any money if he was English y'all would be ready to crown him king.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
      - he only scores against rubbish sides and never delivers against the best

Last night, Hatchet Man watched the champions – but not THE champion. Manchester United may have cruised to a 2-0 victory over woeful Bolton with two goals from that lad Cristiano Ronaldo, but I couldn't help but wondering if the Portugal star is being lauded a little too much.
      "The Master," cooed Keysey, Jamie and Wilko in the Sky studio. "Is there a finer footballer in the world?" they asked and answered in the negative.
      Yesterday's HATCHET MAN

Excuse me, but I beg to differ. It's all well and good showing up the plodders of the Premier League, as Ronny did against Bolton, but – if we're honest, Old Mother Hatchet could do that to them. Hatchet Man remains to be convinced that Ronaldo can do it against the best.

And on Sunday – it's a Grand Slam one, if you hadn't noticed – Ronaldo has the chance to strut his stuff against last season's Champions League finalists Liverpool. That will be the real test. Not Bolton, not against Reading, Villa or Newcastle.
      The 23-year-old has scored 24 league goals in as many Premier League starts this season, which by everyone else's standards is very impressive. But not by Hatchet Man's.
      Ronaldo has scored only once against "Big Four" opposition this term – against Arsenal, and United have put six past the Gunners this season.
      Sunday is a big day for the title race and it's a huge one for Ronaldo's illusions of grandeur.
      Last night he scored a scuffer and another befuddling free-kick, although Al-Habsi was beaten by a strike travelling at less than 60mph. Jussi would have saved that, I reckon. Bag a tap-in against your big north-west rivals on Easter Sunday, Crissy, and I'll eat my words. I bet that I won't have to.
      I wonder if dis ya breda ya belly full now.
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Working...
      X