RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thanks to the Harbour View footballers....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scarlett was also very bad and showed poor decision making on a few plays going forward. He also looked a bit slower than he normally is. Not sure if it was the weather or he is just tired.

KK, please work harder on your fitness. I know you were never the fastest player around, but this size you working with is not going to cut it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
      Please explain.
      When I say a basic lack of self discipline, I mean that the players individually lacked the discipline to make basic passes to their teammates. Instead they took it onto themselves to dribble when a simple pass could have gotten them pass the defender. That takes self discipline and to a lesser extent, common sense, to supress the urge to show off. I was especially disappoint with Hue who I think should have led by example. He also fell for the gallery ball on a few ocassions. As DweetSweet said, HV lost because they did not play a simple passing game moreso than DC stepping up their game. DC looked like a very weak and very ametuerish team last night, and they never really outplayed HV. However, they played simple and intelligent ball to get past HV.
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

I also have to blame the coach too. HV seemed to be playing without a game plan. I never saw any tactical change to their game throughout the match. The coaching simply looked weak. While I am at it, I said it some time ago about our coaches dressing in a suit when they are on the sidelines. If we want to move up and to be taken seriously about our football, our coaches should start dressing like a professional MANAGER. Probably if they start wearing a suit, then these "coaches" will see their positions as a job and not as a hobby.
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
          Dweetsweet simply overreacting.

Anyhow, it is difficult for any team that is playing a man down (Donald Stewart), especially if you are not as technically sound as your teammates. Because of Fowly, Edwards or some other player had to tackle the player closest to Fowly leading to a series of attacks on our goal. Because of Fowlie Edwards and Hue had to wait a while for a midfield option to become available. You can get away with Fowly in the NPL, but not against a professional entity.
          Tackling - that's another sore point. When I watch any Jamaican international match, I am always worried that one of our players will be red-carded. WE NEED TO LEARN HOW TO TACKLE FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!!! We cannot go into a tackle and stay on our feet. What the hell is wrong with us?

Comment

Again I think the tactical mistake was the backline was too high and too flat. I know a HView man who told me that the year they collaspe and gave the title to WHouse that what killed them a high and flat back line. While this is what you are seeing now in modern football and in theory it bear fruits the team was not compact enough, they did not get enough pressure in the middle so DC played the ball into space and broke from the middle. The pace or lack of pace from the back line or failed offside traps led to 4 of the goals that I saw. Its alway to criticize a team from your living room but understand that even the best plans sometimes come undone. I dont think man for man dc is better than Hview but they are playing in a better league and is the better team, tactically and technically.

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
              I dont think man for man dc is better than Hview but they are playing in a better league and is the better team, tactically and technically..
              I have to disagree here. I think they are also better man for man. The forward the midfield and definitely the defense. We might have a better keeper.

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                I also have to blame the coach too. HV seemed to be playing without a game plan. I never saw any tactical change to their game throughout the match. The coaching simply looked weak. While I am at it, I said it some time ago about our coaches dressing in a suit when they are on the sidelines. If we want to move up and to be taken seriously about our football, our coaches should start dressing like a professional MANAGER. Probably if they start wearing a suit, then these "coaches" will see their positions as a job and not as a hobby.
                suh if the coach was in suit, the score would be different ? Wenger wears a track suit to some games.
                Bottom line is, HV is reflecting the state of our footballers technical ability...we are poor.
                Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

Originally posted by Twan View Post
                  suh if the coach was in suit, the score would be different ? Wenger wears a track suit to some games.
                  Bottom line is, HV is reflecting the state of our footballers technical ability...we are poor.
                  Cmon I'll assume that you are just trying to be funny and that was not a serious question.

Comment

Working...
                  X