• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• William Gallas: Arsenal must win every game

William Gallas: Arsenal must win every game

By Charlie Caroe

Last Updated: 10:28am GMT 17/03/2008

Arsenal captain William Gallas has warned his team-mates that they need to show mental strength in the final weeks of the season if they are to win the Premier League title.

Gallas, whose Arsenal team have drawn their last four league matches, said: "I'll tell you why there was a difference between the performance at Milan and then in our next game: it was in the head.

Encouragement: William Gallas wants Arsenal to win every game between now and the end of the season

"I'm not saying we weren't ready for the game because I think we were, but sometimes after a huge game in the Champions League it's difficult to find the same level of motivation for the following game.

"What we needed was an even higher level than we had in Milan.

"We all have to understand that quickly becuase time is running out this season."

Arsenal's Champions League win in Milan is their only victory in their last seven games, and Gallas knows things must improve.

He said: "We need to understand what it takes to become champions if we want that trophy.

"From now on we just have to think about ourselves, not look at the table any more. And we have to win every game. We have to give 200 per cent.

"If you look at the table, I'm not saying we are in trouble but we have lost our lead so it's not all in our hands."

Arsenal face a crucial few weeks as they visit fellow title-challengers Chelsea on Sunday before three games in a week - including the two legs of their Champions League quarter-final - against Liverpool as well as a visit to Old Trafford on Apr 13.

© Copyright of Telegraph Media Group Limited 2008
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

That means winning at Chelsea. Manu already lost at home to Man City suh teams affi get steam rolled. Be it Arsenal or Whoever.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Working...
    X