• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brazilian clubs eye J'can trio

Brazilian clubs eye J'can trio
    Sean Williams
    Saturday, March 15, 2008

CURITIBA, Brazil - Following outstanding performances here, a number of Brazilian clubs have expressed interest in offering trials and possibly contracts to a few of Jamaica's local-based Reggae Boyz in Brazil for a three-week tour.

Technical director of the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF), Brazilian Rene Simoes, said he has been receiving numerous calls enquiring about certain players. But the Brazilian did not name the interested clubs or the targeted players.

"There is an interest for some players, but I don't want to be involved because I am not an agent, that is up to Captain (Horace) Burrell," said Simoes Thursday after the Boyz delivered a crushing blow to one of Brazil's top clubs, Atletico Paranaense, defeating them 2-1.

http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/articles...269&category=1
    Last edited by Karl; March 15, 2008, 10:53 AM.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Good job youngsters. Keep up the good work.

Comment

What bout the work of the master too?

Mind Jawge have fi gi you some John Liu and Delong tum style yu nuh
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

That is a given. You forget that statue already in the workings. lol

Comment

This Little Man

This Man has done so so much for our Football.
          He is miles ahead of any Coaches we have had....
          Even his passion for us, his desire, drive, and inclusiveness of players selection out shines that of Local Carl Brown....

A statue indeed is appropriate...
          "Everyone who knows me understands that I hold no prejudices in this regard....In the family atmosphere of the {RBSC}telethon, I forget that not everyone knows me that well." ....attributed to Jerry Lewis....

Comment

I am sure a statue will be built if Simoes gets us to South Africa 2010.
            We must also acknowledge the vision showed by Burrell in bringing simoes back to Jamaica. He could easily have continued on with Bora....
            President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

Bora was so so not for us Him a rucks did nothing for that

million. Another poor decision by Boxhead... Fact is Fact MOSIAH and SICcKO
              "Everyone who knows me understands that I hold no prejudices in this regard....In the family atmosphere of the {RBSC}telethon, I forget that not everyone knows me that well." ....attributed to Jerry Lewis....

Comment

Originally posted by PeeJay View Post
                This Man has done so so much for our Football.
                He is miles ahead of any Coaches we have had....
                Even his passion for us, his desire, drive, and inclusiveness of players selection out shines that of Local Carl Brown....

A statue indeed is appropriate...
                Do not agree that we can compare CB's work and find it wanting. However, it is fact that Simoes' Brazilian connections have served us well in the past and is still now serving us well. CB could not have been expected to have had those connections.

CB is on a mission to build his netwook...and again to give Simoes credit...in a very real way he has opened doors for CB.

Who would disagree that CB's Cayman contract came about because of exposure and knowledge gained as part of Simoes' 1994-2000 coaching staff?
                Last edited by Karl; March 15, 2008, 08:52 PM.
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Yuh sure ?

Wheh Tappa statue deh ??

Is lucky Merlene get lucky before dem run har...

Comment

Carl Brown stifle Hue's career and others

For no apparent reason...SEE Shavar. Please note how he single handedly refuse to instruct or help Lazaronie in Laza first Game at the Stadium, regarding substitution pattern or knowledge of players.

Carl Brown was only interested in our team when it was convenient to CARL BROWN.

The Love and ENTHusiasm shown by this little man far outshine that of any coach we have had no if or buts about it.
                    Re: TAPPa I like him as a player but if he doesn't speak up on HUE's behalf now that we all know our central MIDfield is lacking a player of any decent quality compare to him TAppa, He also would be doing us more Harm than good.

Comment

I've heard this a million and one times before. Call mi when contract sign and money is paid.

Comment

Boss is not rocket science; the
                        formula is simple and I was crying for this for years.

Glad to see that two stars are now definite; just like the 98 campaign.

Austin can play in any top league in the world.

Comment

Working...
                        X