RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What?...no interest in the Olympic qualifications on Fox TV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What?...no interest in the Olympic qualifications on Fox TV?

I always comment that Jamaicans prefer cricket over football. The pundits here think otherwise.

The US, Honduras, Cuba and Panama battle for playing in the olympics. It is LIVE on Fox. I am yet to see comments on this forum about these worthy matchups...

Oh, and another observation, H' view matchup with DC United produced what looked like a less than half full stadium. A match of this sort i thought would see standing room only. (I wonder what type of game would "cork" H'view stadium?).

Jamaicans prefer cricket over football.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

I agree with you HL. However, I saw clips of the Houston dynamo vs Municipal (Guatemala) played in Guatemala....stadium was roughly 1/5 full.
    Away fans play a significant role in club football....the die-hards showed up for HV...the die-hards didnt show up for DC.
    President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

like how you in the know...provide us your observations nuh? the time yuh tek observing seh yuh nuh si nutten.....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
        I always comment that Jamaicans prefer cricket over football. The pundits here think otherwise.

The US, Honduras, Cuba and Panama battle for playing in the olympics. It is LIVE on Fox. I am yet to see comments on this forum about these worthy matchups...

Oh, and another observation, H' view matchup with DC United produced what looked like a less than half full stadium. A match of this sort i thought would see standing room only. (I wonder what type of game would "cork" H'view stadium?).

Jamaicans prefer cricket over football.
        Took a little peek at the Cuba vs USA. The standard was poor! I left/stopped watching!

BTW - The stadium was just about empty.
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I watched the USA/Cuba too. I have been busy the past week so I have not said much on this or other issues.
          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

The US team has looked quite poor.

Kamani Hill has struggled. Sturgis and his central defensive partner give away the ball. Adu from Toronto seems limited on the offensive side, McCarthy's mobility is lacking, Freddy and Altidore dribbling has just led to turnovers. Charlie Davis and the other black attacker who was playing on the flank seem lost.

Overall quite a poor display.

Comment

It's not that they prefer cricket over football, it is just that HVFC's opponent was not the top quality that would normally bring out the fans who know their football. Furthermore, as the other forumites say, the quality of play in the olympic qualifying games here in Tampa has been very poor and the USA team looked very average or overated at best...come on I know you agree! BTW, the last time I checked it seemed like about 2 dozen people watching those games in the Raymond james Stadium. How about something positive like how HVFC outplayed your MLS top product and our local players looking better than those international and US players. Instead you dug deep to find something negative...about people preferring cricket over football and the stands not full. Is that all you could come with? Well maybe the DC people know their football and will come out in numbers to see a quality product in the return leg against their MLS outfit! What do you say about that!?

Comment

I don't that that is a true statement. As I'm not in JA it's hard for me to say...but I could almost put my head on a block and say that local cricket clubs (Melbourne etc) don't draw any significant crowds even if a visiting club side were there.

Be careful that we aren't comparing mangoes to oranges.

pr
                Peter R

Comment

Mout' mek fi say anyting. HL ever see a cricket match at Chedwin Park between T&T and Jamaica? Or a test match between Sri Lanka and the West Indies or Jamaica? Cho! Mek him gwaan talk!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Peter R, no one attends our local cricket matches. HL just waan fi chat him usual nonsense.

Everyone agrees that the Olympic matches have been poor, including the US team. They got a bogus penalty against Panama and with the poor quality I stopped watching. And the HV stadium had more people than that game!!!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

HL ever see a cricket match?
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

When a usetuh guh a primary school me watch cricket and play too.

What?
                        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

a bet you a them rubber ball you use to use?

I can just see Pacey Mosiah bowling to you wid a cork ball.

DDDDUUUUUUKKKK
                          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Gasp!

No, I wouldn't do that to HL! Come on, Assasin!! I wouldn't bowl like that to him. I would be flinging di damn ball from half way down di pitch!!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                            X