Rate Harbour View's performance against DC United

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rate Harbour View's performance against DC United

How do you think Harbour View performed last night?
    5: Excellent! Should have no problem winning the tie
    0.00%
    4: Overachieved. Was surprised at how well they did
    18.75%
    3: Good. They played as I expected.
    37.50%
    2: Fair. Not bad but lucky to come away with a point
    43.75%
    1: Poor. They did not belong on the same field with DC United
    0.00%

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
    How do you think Harbour View performed last night?
    Is this the best result they have ever had against DC?
    I think so!

Rating out of 10!

Rate as per TEAM vs TEAM - DC - 7; H/V - 5!

Rate as per H/V's play and the (H/V) potential I saw - Actual Play - 4!

Opportunities galore were squandered. - The ball was being given away easily an inordinate number of times. The ball was not being passed early enough...i.e. too often players held the ball too long - result: DC being able to pressure receiver; ball lost; DC was able to gain possession; DC was able to gain respite from attacks on their goal; good build up in final third by H/V limited to approximately 5/6 occasions....etc., etc.

Fact: DC scored in fortunate manner! Ditto - H/V! However DC played more intelligently and thus more TEAM!

H/V needs to step up pace at which ball is moved around and needs to have support runs increased 1000 fold! Conscious effort needs to be made to get in that final third and take shots! (I got the feeling that most often H/V players were waltzing around. They certainly gave me the impression that they could move faster and 'think' faster...just do not believe they are stupid).
    Last edited by Karl; March 13, 2008, 08:20 PM.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

There is a poll there, Karl!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

There is a poll there, Karl!
        Sorry did not see the poll!
        I voted - Fair!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

~sigh~ opportunites galore were squandered... galore... are you serious... galore! a few opportunites, yes... galore is a stretch...

harbor view was the better TEAM last nite... even the commentators alluded to such... the commentators qualified that with the fact h/v was in midseason form and dc is in preseason... still h/v was better last nite...

the combined salary of all the h/v players and coaching staff doesnt equal the salary of two dc players - and thats being conservative...

dc played more intelligently... thats such a comical statement... maybe they have the potential, afterall they are highly paid professionals but last nite, they sure didn't look that way, at least to me...

you've got to learn to be objective... its not that difficult...
          'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

I dont think the answers are accurate. Hview is in middle of season and should look better in some ways. Quality wise not bad but nothing really special. They were no worse than DCU but not better.

Comment

See we won't listen and it was glaring last
              night. We still tend to play scrappy under pressure (loosly kicking the ball to nowhere et al) A professional club such as HV (got to give a man his due) should take in young talent and have them learn the game under professional coaches. HV should make arragement with KC, georges et al where the talent gets a certficate after doing night classes and being tutored by the club's own teachers. One might say this may cost money but I don't need to tell HV of the benefits of selling a player abroad.

I like scarlett but last night he ****************ed me off. I can understand where the commentator was coming from: Your first goal came from confusion and mishandling in the box. In the last minute you get a free kick to establish the same scenario. What did Bobby do? booted the ball in the stands. Bobby if it was Fergie or any top coach, you would be on the bench for the rest of the season. You are playing with your feet and not your mind. You had all the time in the world to calm down and float that ball ovet to the 18. boom your job is done. ( this is what I would tell my player in Sunday morning game, Calm down, don't just run up and kick, we practice too hard for that, even when the ref blow, you still have time you are in command calm down and execute).

DC was lucky to escape;if harbour view was more polished in terms of technique and mental approach. 3-1 easy in faour of HV. High school football is destroying us. The JFF should sit down with the parish FAs and amke a decesion.

Comment

Originally posted by Baddaz View Post
                ~sigh~ opportunites galore were squandered... galore... are you serious... galore! a few opportunites, yes... galore is a stretch...

hehehe!!!
                I can understand why you came to think I meant goalscoring opportunities. So I am not laughing at you...but at the (my) acceptance at how easy it is to be mis-understood.

In one case I meant that opportunities to create the goalscoring chances...were being given away by inattention to winning possession or retaining possession. That is, the ball was being not regained or was being lost by lack of effort - not running to the ball swiftly enough...not passing quickly enough...not focusing on the task at hand...not thinking things through and not taking appropriate/best action and or best presented/available option, etc., etc.

...and in at least one of my posts I meant the TEAM/Harbour View the organisation/The players...were missing an opportunity to cement place in the next round as opposed to just playing DC in Washington and going home. That is, fighting/striving to perform as best as can...to remain in the competition as long as possible (visiting and playing at more venues...being on TV/Cable more minutes) and thus to put 'wares' in larger market-place and reap benefits that would acrue.

hehehehe!!!!
                Affi laf again...yuh si ow hea-si it wudda be fi yuh speak yuh truth (your interpretation of what I said)...yet tell lie pon mi?

My fault - need to be clearer on what I say...
                ...but don't hold yuh breath!
                Last edited by Karl; March 13, 2008, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Baddaz, tek time wid karl nuh man? Yuh know things look much different on those TVs at Shady Pines.
                  "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

I am getting my first viewing of the game on FSC's re-broadcast of the game and from what I have seen H/View is coming a good account thus far. DC United's goal was certainly scored against the run of play. H/View doing a good job of spreading the but has a view ites have pointed out, their final pass in the opponent's defensive area need some work.

Second half about to begin so I'll wait to post my final thoughts.

Comment

Ok, just finish watching the second half and H/View was the better team. they were the better team over 90 minutes IMO. From what i have seen of the game Dc united got one opportunity and made use of it in the first half. As I stated earlier H/View need more composure in the final third. The forwards need to make better use of the passes that they receive in the opponent's half. Fabian Taylor was not at his best and Rafeik Thomas was guilty of being abitr too hurried up front. I was impress with Hue's contribution throughout. I am at a lost as to what we expect of him defensively. I thought he tracked back well and made himself available for passes. hue will not be and should not be expected to be a ball winner (just like Ronaldo, Messi, or Zidane). Also, I thought Robert Scarlett looked good throughout and it was a pleasure seeing a pass ReggaeBoyz holding his own out there and showing that he still has it.

I am looking forward to the return leg next week in DC, I honestly do not think H/View has anything to worry about with this DC United team. However, United will be playing at home at that should stand for something. Still, if View can maintain their composure they should be able to come away with a favorable result.

Good showing Harbour View and I enjoyed watching a group of Jamican semi-pros taking to a set of full professionals. God's willing I'll be in my colors in front of my tele next Tuesday cheering you on. Outstanding Job!!!

BTW, I don't believe the available responses in the poll present a viable response for me. they played a good game and if they go to DC and come away with a fovrable result I would not be shocked based on what I saw today.

Comment

Brush, thanks for your view on the game. I agree with everything you said. Don't mind the Maestro bashing. That will never stop. His critics are just praying that he has a bad game on Tuesday, and yuh will never hear the end of it.

I too believe that HV can do well in Washington. The better field will no doubt help them as well.

I have always said that Scarlett is our best left back, easily, but he needs to keep his head on his shoulders.

I'm hoping that HV will bring to RFK the kind of atmosphere and quality of game that a particular team did some time in 1997. Of course, the crowds will be a fraction of that memorable day, but maybe the football can be just as good.

Sorry about the poll choices, but that's how I was thinking about it when I set it up this morning. Feel free to design your own, perhaps one about the players?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Brush, thanks for your view on the game. I agree with everything you said. Don't mind the Maestro bashing. That will never stop. His critics are just praying that he has a bad game on Tuesday, and yuh will never hear the end of it.

I too believe that HV can do well in Washington. The better field will no doubt help them as well.

I have always said that Scarlett is our best left back, easily, but he needs to keep his head on his shoulders.

I'm hoping that HV will bring to RFK the kind of atmosphere and quality of game that a particular team did some time in 1997. Of course, the crowds will be a fraction of that memorable day, but maybe the football can be just as good.

Sorry about the poll choices, but that's how I was thinking about it when I set it up this morning. Feel free to design your own, perhaps one about the players?
                          Re-read my review?
                          ...and tell me which TEAM should have won? ...and why, I think that TEAM did not?

Remember H/V was playing on a field where 'the bounce' was known by its players. Damn there season is well advanced!

Again - Opportunity/opportunities thrown away!

If H/V loses the return here is what I think will happen - DC plays one-twos and H/V players do not go with the man without the ball....there are a few...or more than a few one-on-ones with H/V/s goalkeeper!

Comment

Not re-reading anything, Karl. It doesn't matter. If Tappa is not leading the orchestra it can never be good enuff for you.

By the way, have you ever critiqued our game against Japan, the one where your hero nearly scored a hattrick? What a perfect game that was!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                            X